Chapter 6 | do you like... her?

Start from the beginning

I looked at my phone and back at him as I think of something to prove to him that it really is Lizzie. I smirked at him as I looked back to my phone pressing the call icon. I put it on speaker as it rings and I was surprised that Lizzie almost answered immediately.

—on call—

L: Hey, y/n! Do you need anything?

Y: Oh, nothing Elizabeth. I just wanted to make sure you're okay?

L: Yes, I'm doing alright. And why are you calling me that? You know you can call me Lizzie right? I mean I think, Elizabeth is too formal. She giggles making me smile so wide.

Y: Y-yeah, of course, sorry I just think the name Elizabeth Olsen sounds so beautiful. I chuckled as I saw Nicky wide eyes and jaw opened again.

L: Oh. Well, thank you? She says laughing. What about you? How are you at work?

Y: We're doing fine. I'll tell you everything after my night shift. How's your son?

L: He's good. He kept on telling me to buy him the donuts you suggested. Do you think we can come and visit again? Tonight? I looked at Nicky as he silently screamed putting his hands over his mouth as he jump up and down mouthing a 'say yes!' repeatedly making me laugh.

L: Y/n? A-are you still there?

Y: Y-yes! Yes of course you can. You can visit anytime you want. Oh, and I want you to meet my best friend as well. I chuckle

L: Sounds great! We'll be there at 6pm. Can't wait to meet your friend!

Y: Alright. See you, Lizzie.

L: See you, cutie. She says hanging up.

—end of call—

I placed my phone back in my pocket as Nicky softly screamed so no one would hear him from the storage room. "Oh my god, oh my god! That's Lizzie! That- Th- That's... It's definitely her, I know her voice AND her laugh. Oh my god, y/n why didn't you tell me?!" I rolled my eyes at him as I went back to the counter outside making orders.

"Okay, first of all, I told you when Lizzie first visited here. Second, you just laughed at me." I say while placing the Frappuccino on the counter giving it to the customer. "Holy shit, she's coming here right? Oh god, I have to fix myself, do I look okay?" He rambles as I gave him a look to calm down. "Nicky, it's just Lizzie. Calm down." I reassured him "Calm down??? Yeah, Sure, Jan." He exclaimed as he looked at himself in his pocket mirror.

After 2 hours of work, Nicky was already freaking out as I told him Lizzie just parked her car and she's coming in any minute now. Lizzie came in with Eugene with a smile on their faces as they walked to the counter. I smiled at Lizzie as I bend down the counter to greet the little boy wearing a stormtrooper shirt holding the chewbacca stuff toy I gave him. "Hey, little Jedi. What you want for today?" I smiled at him as he didn't hide behind his mom this time. "Can you make those Star Wars coffee again, Miss barista? Pleaseeee." He pleaded which is so damn cute. "No worries, I'll make you one again, and the donut?" I asked as he nodded his head excitedly. They placed their payment as they took a seat.

As they took a seat, I placed two donuts on two plates for their dine-in and a box of 12 donuts for take-out. For the cappuccino art, I made a stormtrooper foam art this time since Eugene was wearing one. After I finished making the foam art, I served it in their table, Eugene having the same reaction from the last one seeing the stormtrooper foam art in front of him.

 After I finished making the foam art, I served it in their table, Eugene having the same reaction from the last one seeing the stormtrooper foam art in front of him

"You are so cool, miss barista!" He smiled at me as he looked back at the stormtrooper art. "I know I already asked you this earlier but how are you?" I asked Lizzie.

"Good! Better, actually now that I'm here- I mean we're here." She let out a nervous chuckle which made me smile seeing her nervous around me. "Oh! I almost forgot! My best friend. Wait here, I'll be right back." I pulled Nicky from the counter and told him it's time to meet Lizzie as he contain himself.

We got to their table which brought their attention to us. "Lizzie, this is my best friend, Nicky. Nicky, this is Lizzie and her son, Eugene." I motioned to him then to the two of them as he let out a hand to shake. "Short for Nicholas. It's nice to finally meet you, miss Olsen." He smiles at her as Lizzie shook his hands "Just Lizzie. You can call me, Lizzie. It's nice meeting you too, Nicky!" She says as they both pull away.

We talked for a little since we still have work to do and we didn't want our manager catching us spending more time with a customer than working and giving equal attention to other customers. "Well, enjoy your stormtrooper and your donut, kiddo. Just call me if you need me, okay?" I turned to Lizzie as she gave me smile and let out a thank you.

Another night of work done, Lizzie and her son left a few hours ago, and we were just cleaning up and closing the shop. Nicky and I were the only one left since we like staying here after work for no reason at all. Actually, I think it's because the vibe of the entire shop is peaceful. We stayed there for a while in pure silence not until Nicky decided to break it by asking, "So why does Lizzie calls you 'cutie'? Hm?" "Oh God, seriously?" He nodded at me as I let out a sigh.

"I don't know, she just started calling me that since she first visited here." I say

"Do you like it?" I looked at him crunching my brows together

"I guess. I don't know." I shrugged as I looked back at the window, watching the city.

"Do you like... her?" He asked as I gulped with his question. I stared down at the floor as he jumped and clapped his hands together. "I knew it! Ever since she start visiting here, you always got those hearty eyes for her." He says but I just cringed with the idea of falling in love.

"I don't know, Nicky. I can't do that. I've never really been into a serious one–relationship. I can't fall for her, she's married and has a kid. I'm sure she wouldn't want a female or another mother for her child." I sigh as he pats me in the back

After that talk we decided to go home and closed up our shop. Once I arrived in my humble abode, I showered and changed to my home clothes and plopped myself in the couch. I heard my phone buzz but my eyes were feeling heavy and my body was too weak to even try and answer the call. I fell asleep in the couch and the next morning I woke up with 13 missed calls and 24 missed text messages from Lizzie which made me jump and sat from the couch. But only one message got me so worried.

Hermosa ☕️
Please, come to the hospital. Y/n, I need you. 3:54am