chapter thirty-seven

"IN MY DEFENCE, THE X-FORCE SOUNDED FUN," Kiera replied to Robin's earlier question. She seemed indifferent about the situation, and definitely not surprised to see Robin on this random isolated island.

"Uh, who is this?" Pietro questioned, more confused than ever.

"His girlfriend," Kiera joked.

"Shut up, I'm gay," Robin said, playfully rolling his eyes at her antics.

"Same," The guy in the suit, "Wade," agreed (even though he's actually pansexual.)

Yeah... so nothing was cleared up for Pietro. Poor guy.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The man with the cyborg arm interjected, glaring at Robin and Pietro.

"I could ask you the same thing," Robin replied coolly.

"The guy with the resting bitch face is Cable, the pretty lady is Domino, and the wannabe Twice is Deadpool, AKA Wade," Kiera introduced. She looked over to Pietro. "Oh, and I'm Kiera."

"Robin," Robin introduced himself, and gestured towards his companion. "This is Pietro."

"I'll have you know I came before Twice - therefor Twice is a wannabe me," Deadpool stated, glancing at Kiera. She shook her head, amused.

Robin crossed his arms over his chest. "Care to explain why in Hades' name you crashed on this island?"

Wade shrugged. "Plot convenience," He replied nonchalantly.

Domino slapped his shoulder. "He means he wanted to fly a helicopter and we couldn't stop him so we came to make sure he didn't go on a killing spree," She clarified.

"Does he break the fourth wall often?" Robin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Cable nodded solemnly. "Unfortunately."

"You're just mad I'm smarter than you!" Wade protested.

Pietro frowned. "I don't know what that means," He murmured, confused about the whole fourth wall thing.

Robin placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a pat. "I'll explain later," He muttered back. He looked between the "X-Force" members. "How did you crash?"

There was a brief silence. "Wade wanted to ride on-"

"I wanted to ride on the roof," Wade said, cutting Kiera off but saying the same thing she was.

Robin blinked once, then twice, then turned and shared a look with Pietro. "Right," He said awkwardly at last. "Any idea how to get off this island, then?"

"Swim," Cable deadpanned.

Robin glared at him. "Funny."

"I might have a spell to fix the 'copter," Kiera said, "but it'll take some time to cast."

"How long?" Robin inquired.

Kiera shrugged. "I just need to try to remember what it is."

Wade clapped his hands together. "Perfect! While you get to that, Kiki, we can bond!" He exclaimed way too cheerfully for someone who crashed his helicopter. He skipped - literally skipped - to Robin's side, and threw his arm around his shoulders, probably grinning beneath his mask.

Robin kept a straight face. "How fun," He said sarcastically, sending Pietro a "help me" look. "Kiera, please hurry."

"I'm trying to focus here, Rob. Please shut the fuck up," Kiera requested. Robin shut his mouth as requested and pushed Wade away from him, stepped closer to Pietro. "Done!" Kiera suddenly exclaimed after mumbling a spell under her breath.

"Thank god," Pietro breathed out.

"Let's get out of here," Domino said eagerly, practically bouncing as she made her way to the now-repaired helicopter. "You too, boys."

Robin and Pietro did not need to be told twice. They quickly climbed aboard. Robin went first, offering a hand to Pietro hoping the heat he felt in his face was not evident.

Domino took one the piloting seats, and Robin slipped into the other one. Upon catching the look she sent him, he shrugged. "I'm a pilot," He insisted, smiling as believably as he could manage.

"Better than Cable driving!" Kiera pipped up from behind.

"I will shoot you in the foot," Cable deadpanned in response while Wade giggled... actually giggled.

"Where to?" Domino inquired.

Robin stole a glance behind him, briefly making eye contact with Pietro. "How would you guys feel about helping a couple of strangers take down an organization hellbent on taking over the world?" The pink-haired boy inquired.

Wade lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh, an adventure, you say? Count us in!" Apparently he was not good at communicating with his team for a life-threatening decision... probably because he could not die. Either way, it was a win for Robin, because now he did now have to take down HYDRA with only Pietro by his side. Though, he did want only Pietro by his side in a different situation...

They took off, with Robin not actually knowing where they were going but assuming he would figure it out.

"Where exactly are we going?" Pietro inquired. "You don't know where HYDRA is now. Their hideout was compromised."

"I'll figure it out," Robin murmured in reply, internally praying to Hermes for directions. The god of travel had to help, right? It was basically his job, anyway.

"Not my job," Hermes replied inside of Robin's head. Robin bit back a smirk, almost able to hear the god roll his eyes. "But because I like you, I'll help you out. Go right."

a/n i'm so sorry i missed last week's upload, i didn't have a chapter ready. i promise i'll try my best to get back on track but with the start of school it might not be too easy. hope you enjoyed this though!