Part 2

TWO DAYS LATER

I was sitting in my living room watching Friends because who doesn't love this show and my phone started to ring. I grabbed it off the side table and without even looking at who it was, I answered quickly.

Y/N: Hi Steve.

Steve: Hey.. I'm bored. You want to grab food?

Y/N: When have I ever turned down food?

Steve: True. I'll come by and pick you up.

Twenty minutes later, there is a knock on my door. I look through the peep hole and saw that it was Steve. I grab my purse and keys and open the door. Steve was wearing a gray shirt that hugged his upper body perfectly, jeans that accented that nice ass, and a backwards navy blue hat.

So damn fine.

Y/N: Why do you always look hot?

Steve smiled and shook his head. I took his arm and we walked to his car. After dinner, Steve and I were walking around the city. Talking, goofing off like we normally do.

Y/N: We need to find you someone to occupy your time away from the Avengers.

Steve furrowed his brows and rolled his eyes.

Steve: I don't think that is necessary.

Y/N: It is though. You only spend your time at the tower, on missions, or with me. You need a life.

Steve: I don't know if I'm ready.

Y/N: You need to at least try and meet other women. I don't want you to be alone forever.

Steve: I won't. I'll have you.

Steve and I both laughed.

I hope you mean that.

Y/N: I guess that's true. You'll never lose me Rogers, our friendship is forever.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Steve being the guy that he is, did not go out and meet women. He was obviously handsome and charming but he was still that small kid from Brooklyn he would tell me stories about.

I finally had enough and stepped in to help the damsel in distress. I knew plenty of girls who would be right for Steve. What I didn't expect was for the dates to not work out at all. After each one, I would call Steve the next day to ask how it went and I would get the same answer "not good." He would never give me a reason. It was getting annoying. So I kept throwing girls his way.

Steve and I decided to meet up at the bar where we met. I hadn't seen him in a few days.

Y/N: So how was the date?

Steve: Not good.

Y/N: Again?! That's the fifth one.

Steve gave me the side eye and I immediately knew what the hell he had been doing.

Y/N: You aren't even going on the dates, are you? I'm going to kick your ass.

Steve laughs. I put my face in my hands and shake my head.

Y/N: I'm trying to help you out man.

Steve: What if I told you I already had my eye on someone?

Um.. what?

I gave him a confused look. He's never mentioned anyone to me before.

Y/N: Who is it?

Steve: You.

I let out a giggle. I knew Steve was messing with me. I looked over at him and he looked a little hurt.

Damn he's so cute.

Y/N: Oh, you're serious?

Steve: Why not?

Y/N: I thought we made it clear that when we slept together it was a one time thing.

Steve: We did. That was months ago though. Things change.

Steve and I came very close to sleeping together again many times. But I knew deep down that I wasn't the right person for him. He deserves the world.

Y/N: This is not happening Steve Rogers. I'll find you someone better than me.

Steve: We'll see.