Part 1

Steve: On your left.

Damn this man really does have America's ass.

I continued to run when I felt someone coming up behind me again. I looked over my shoulder and saw Steve. This guy is fucking unreal.

Y/N: Don't say it.

Steve: On your left.

Y/N: I hate you!

I stopped running to catch my breath. Steve ran past me a few more times. I don't know why he thought going running together would be fun. I decided I had enough and I walked over to the grass and laid down.

Steve: Need a medic?

I glared at him.

Y/N: Next time you ask me to hang out, my answer will be no.

Steve smirks at me.

Y/N: I'm serious. I was expecting day drinking or something. Not running.

Steve: Well I'll make it up to you by buying dinner tonight okay?

Y/N: I'm getting every expensive thing on the menu.

Steve: Fine with me.

Steve laughs and helps me off the ground.

That smile is killing me.

Steve and I met a few months after he came out of the ice. It was a normal Saturday night, I had worked extra hours that week so I needed to let off some steam. I had asked my best friend to come with me but she was unable to meet me. I thought about not going out but I said fuck it and went alone. I walked into my favorite place and saw Steve sitting at the bar. I didn't recognize who he was at first. The only thing that really caught my eye was how gorgeous he was. While I stood there gawking, I saw he had an uncomfortable look on his face. That's when I noticed all the girls standing around him. They were giggling and touching his biceps. I could tell he was annoyed. Hell it annoyed me and I wasn't even over there. So me being me I strutted myself over and interrupted them.

Y/N: Excuse me girls, can I have my boyfriend back please?

Steve quickly looked at me and I saw a smirk on his face.

The girls started giving me the "oh my gosh you're so lucky" and the "he's so handsome, keep a close eye on this one." I mentally rolled my eyes but continued to keep a smile on my face. The girls finally wandered off to another spot in the bar.

After I saw they were far enough away, I looked over to Steve who still had a smirk on his face.

Y/N: Sorry.. I could tell you were getting annoyed. Thought I'd help you out.

Steve: I was, thank you for that.

Y/N: You're welcome.

I smiled and turned to walk away but Steve gently grabbed my hand.

Steve: You want to stay and have a drink with me?

I instantly melted at his smile. I walked over and sat down next to him. We talked all night until the bar closed. And that started a great friendship. We hung out all the time after that, 5 months later and we're still going strong. We even actually slept together one night. It was bound to happen eventually with how much we flirted with each other. After it happened, Steve admitted it was his first time. Which was a little weird to hear because he was good. I mean so good. I guess the super soldier serum helped in that arena. However, we both agreed that it was only a one time thing.

LATER THAT NIGHT

I walked into the restaurant and saw Steve sitting there, looking cute as ever. He caught me gawking at him and I couldn't help but laugh as I walked towards him.

Steve: What were you staring at?

Y/N: Nothing.

I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. He knew exactly what I was looking at.

Steve: Oh. For a second I thought you were checking me out.

Y/N: Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't.

Steve flashed that adorable smile at me. We continued with dinner and as I was telling him something, I started to notice he was not paying attention.

Y/N: Hello? Are you even listening?

Steve: Sorry. What did you say?

Y/N: What's up with you tonight?

Steve: Nothing.

Y/N: We've been friends for a while so I know when you're lying.

Steve: I just have a lot on my mind.

Y/N: Avenger stuff?

Steve: Not really. I've been thinking about Bucky.

Y/N: I'm sorry Steve.

My heart breaks every time he brings up Bucky. He's always telling me about the crazy things they did in the 40s.

Y/N: I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Steve: Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you.