Chapter 5//Connor

Start from the beginning

I'm almost done with my muffin when someone walks through the door that I had been hoping not to see. Troye doesn't look around at all, he heads straight to the counter to give his order and stands there looking down at his phone until his order is ready. He ordered the same thing I did as he picks his things up he looks around and when he spots me I swear the blood drains from his face. Though he still makes his way towards me and sits down across from me without being invited to.

"Good morning." Troye says with a cheery smile on his face. His hair is a beautiful mess of curls at the front of his head and he's wearing a jean jacket with dark skinny jeans. His blue eyes are shinning in the warm glow of the cafe and I can't stop myself from thinking that he looks beautiful like this. I honestly hate myself for being physically attracted to him. What he does for a living is absolutely disgusting.

"Hardly." I say looking down at the table so I don't have to look into his shinning blue eyes. I pick at the remainder of my muffin and I hear a little humf leave his mouth.

"Now why are you saying that?" He asks and I look him in the eye and tell him exactly why every thing about this morning sucks. I don't hold back at all and I can see him flinching as I spit the words at him.

"I don't know maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is random men in my house packing my shit. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm moving in with my soul mate who I don't even anything about other than the fact that he's a murderer." He looks like he's going to cry when I call him a murderer and in that moment he looks so weak, so defenseless and I don't know how to respond to how he's looking at me. He's looking at like I just told him his favorite sibling died in a horrible accident. "That's what you are don't look at me like that." He takes a deep breath looking away as he composes himself.

"I know what I am." He says softly looking down at the table as he speaks drawing patterns with his long fingers. "Why don't you ask me some simple questions so you know more about them just my um...job?" I don't see how this is going to help the fact that I don't want to be around him because of what he does to people, but I humor him asking him the first question that comes to my mind.

"Was Tyler your first time?" I ask skipping over the boring questions and diving head first into something that seems simple but could give me a lot of information. This question seems to make him flustered and I can see his cheeks turning a rosy color as he no doubt remembers the events of that night.

"Yes." His best friend took his virginity how interesting. That tells me a lot like the fact that he's only ever slept with one person. Tyler no less so from what I've heard that's not all that much to compete with especially since Tyler is quite sloppy when drunk. Oh my god why am I thinking about this? This is not what I should be thinking about right now. "We were both incredibly drunk and it was a huge mistake."

"What's your favorite animal?" I ask him and for the next few hours we sit there and just get to know each other. We both keep some things faired he doesn't seem to want to talk about his family or past in general and I don't tell him hardly anything since it seems Dan and Phil have told him every thing there is to know about me. That aside I do learn quite a lot about him before the moving guy calls me to tell me that they are done moving my stuff.

"I'm really sorry that Dan and Phil are making us move into together." Troye says as we walk out of the cafe into the mid afternoon heat, he holds the door for me and a small thank you leaves my lips and he smiles at me. "I was in their office at seven o'clock this morning trying to get them to let us have a normal start. Well...not normal but more normal then what we already have. They refused to even give us a chance they said we have to be sleeping in the new apartment by tomorrow."

"You want this to be right. Like how you always imagined." I say leaning against my car as I continue to look at him. He nods his head then fixes his jacket in a way that makes it seem like a nervous habit.