(4.) First Journey.

Disclaimer: I don't own The Paranorman. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(The OC is named Amelie Kennedy. She belongs to me.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

A boy is walking down the street.

"Heya!"

That boy is obviously a dumbass because he's breaking the rule no one is supposed to break. He's not speaking to red colours. Only green.

"Ermm.."

The seeker doesn't act as a seeker. A red colour attempted interacted to be away the last second and the boy goes back to talking with the greens.

If there's one thing you don't do, it's exclude reds.

"Veil, heel."

The shadow demon understood limited English. It's why Amelie stuck to simple commands as if she commanded him as a dog obeying the master.

It's opposite in fact. It controlled Amelie. Slinking into the shadows, the darkness hiding the shadow demon unless it wanted to reveal. That wouldn't happen any time soon.

"What the hell is he doing?"

A ghost sat there sulking. Whilst the boy obliviously walking and talking the good unconsciously left Amelie taking care the bad ghosts.

"You okay?"

The child immediately hugged Amelie's waist. She tightened a grip, rubbing their back soothingly and gaining their trust in the progress.

"Can you hear and see me?"

What Veil told Amelie the first day echoed.

"You don't ignore the dead."

Amelie nodded, staring at the child ghosts. The scars it tried to hide pathetically showing in the daylight even as it wore long sleeves. She tugged at her own, she was a hypocrite.

Scars shone in their own ways.

"Yes." She smiled softly. "I can. What is it you need?"

"I want my mama."

Amelie flinched slightly. The topic of mums a sensitive subject she didn't brining up much. Only if necessary to a haunting or possession. If the parent was possessed of course. Even then, she's rather have a demon possessed her than deal with it.

And yes, she did mean that.

"How old were you when dying?"

"Nine."

The ghosts looked eleven. So he would've been dead about two years. That meant the mother must've been alive. Either she killed him or a car accident.

"Okay."

She grabbed the boy's hand. Leading him down the path to a home seeing a mother cooking a bakery pie wearing a sad expression. Like she lost someone.

That's the one.

The child let go and rushed over. Waving goodbye, Amelie sighed in relief. One minute here and she's already helped a spirit.

A child spirit.

"What are you doing?"

Amelie flinched once again. The boy is standing behind and wearing a look of shock, awe, fear, happiness, and...amusement?