One Shot Story

"Are you sure about this? Him? Our last hope to defeat Nightmare once and for all?"

"Yes, I am sure. There is no doubt that he is a Star Warrior possessing a rare powerful ability."

"But, he is still so young. He can barely talk. How is he our only way to stop this war?"

"A species like him? I'll bet he can."

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?!"

"Shut it! They might hear us."

"They? Huh?! Wait? That boy besides him? Could it be?"

"Yes, I also believe that he might be a mirrored version of him."

"But how? He shouldn't be here. Could it be that he ran away from the Mirror World?"

"Even if he did run away or there is another explanation, that's not our priority right now. Our priority is that we have to bring the Star Warrior to our base. RIGHT NOW!"

"Yes, I suppose."

BROTER, POYO!

"Huh? Brother?"

"Let's go, now!"

"But he said brother? W-wait?!"

.

.

.

.

Leaves, debris, and many others were blown away on a cloudy afternoon. In a lifeless, cold and silent unknown planet, there was a town located in the countryside. The town was in a state of nearly abandoned where buildings were left to rot and only fewer residents walked around. As nothing much alive happens in this certain land, a voice was heard coming from a meadow not too far from the town. A sound of happiness fills the silence.

A pink rounded infant was running around the meadow, giggling as he tried to catch a yellow butterfly that was flying gracefully above him.

"Hehehe! Lil Sadow! Poyo! A buddarfli!" exclaimed him to a similar yet grey puffball named Shadow. The butterfly slowly landed on the little brother's head and screamed out of fear. "Ahh! Kaabii! Huwaah!"

Seeing his little twin dislike an insect on him, the pink puffball named Kirby immediately shooed the butterfly. "Buddarfli pli awi now," comforted his brother as he gave him an adorable smile.

Shadow blinked his tears away as he looked at his twin. He smiled back at him. "Tank yuu! Broter, poyo! Hehehe!"

They could stare at each other for hours despite where they live. Being together ever since they were born, they will always rely on each other. It was enough for them to have a happy life. But will it always be like that?

Suddenly, the wind had picked up, startling the twins. A fog slowly covered the meadow blurring their eyesight. Feeling frantic, Shadow calls out to his brother trying to find him but soon hears a scream. He turned his head to the source of the scream and saw Kirby was carried away by a dark figure.

"Now! Take him to the base!"

"Y-yes, sir!"

"WAAH! SADOW!"

Shadow tried to follow his brother but unfortunately he was held back by another figure. He struggles to let loose as he cries out to his brother but he could see Kirby slowly fading away through the fog. The loss of him was devastating, fear of now losing him was a tragedy he never thought of at such a young age. He wails in despair, not realising the figure who was still with him.