MADDIE WAS QUICKLY beginning to regret her decision as the five waited in the bus. Her mind raced as she thought about what would happen if Hopper had been helping the bad men instead of them.

And Dustins endless pacing didn't make anything any better.

"Will you stop pacing?" Mike finally voiced, asking what they had all been thinking. Dustin didn't stop though. "It's been way too long. Do you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to get us right now!"

"It's not a trap." Lucas replied. "Why would the chief set us up? Nancy, maybe, but the chief?" Dustin pointed at Lucas. "Lando Calrissian."

"Would you shut up about Lando?" Lucas yelled back, annoyed. Maddie tapped her foot rapidly against the bus' floor, finding that all her anxiety was building up. "I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!" Dustin screamed at Lucas, getting closer to his friends face before continuing to pace. "When do you feel good about anything?"

The group then heard the sound of a vehicle approaching. They all ran to the front of the bus, hoping to see Hopper walking towards them with the location Mike had given him. But instead they watched as two smaller black cars came their way.

"Shit!" Dustin cussed. Mike ushered everyone to the back of the bus again. "Go, go, go, go." They all found different areas to hide behind. Maddie found herself squished in the very back next to El, the latter of the two grabbing onto Maddies hand in worry.

"Lando." Dustin breathed out. Lucas just ignored him and looked at Mike. "You think they saw us?" Mike just looked between his two male friends. "Both of you, shut up."

Maddie closed her eyes as she tried to calm her breathing. Everything was far too quiet. But then her anxiety built yet again when the creaking sound of the bus door opening could be heard. She thought the fact that it had been the only noise made just made everything freakier.

A grunt could then be heard before something that sounded like falling. Even more grunts and hits sounded out, even random words of shock, before the door creaked again and everyone stood up.

Hopper walked into the bus, nodding his head. "All right, let's go." No one moved. "Let's go!" He walked out of the bus and all the kids grabbed their bags, running out of the bus.

IT WAS DARK when the group pulled up to the Byers residence. The car ride had been dead silent, no one daring to speak. They all got out of the car, Hopper opening the door for them.

"Mike! Oh my god, Mike!" Nancy breathed out, pulling Mike into a hug. "I was so worried about you." Mike just looked at her a bit shocked. "Yeah, uh... me, too."

Nancy smiled a bit but her attention turned to El, well, more like what El was wearing. "Is that my dress?"

Joyce ushered the kids towards the door. "Everyone inside." Everyone began walking towards the door but Hopper put his hand on Maddies shoulder, stopping her. "Hey, kid. I'm guessing you're the one who convinced Mike to respond?"

Maddie frowned. "Yeah, it's not a big deal." She quickly tried to walk off. Maddie knew he was trying, but it honestly felt like too little too late. It had taken him over a year to finally try, so why should she just run back to him with open arms.

Hopper found his own frown and decided he was tired of it. He grabbed Maddies arm, pulling her the opposite way of the house towards the back of his truck. "What are you doing?" Maddie gasped, trying to pull away. Hopper gritted his teeth. "We're going to have a little chat, one on one."

Hopper let Maddie go once they were standing behind his truck. She crossed her arms over her chest, the frown evident on her face. Hopper sighed. "Look, kid. I know shits been hard for a while now but I need you to explain this little game you're playing."