The next morning

Mia woke up with an arm wrapped around her hip. She could not remember a thing from last night. She quickly lifted up the covers to check she was wearing clothes.

"Thank God!" Mia whispered to herself.

"Morning to you too." Said Jay. He had now moved his arm away from her and went downstairs to make a cup of tea for Mia and a coffee for himself.

After 5 minutes, he had came back upstairs and handed Mia her tea before going to his room to get dressed. Mia took a sip and then got out of bed to get dressed for a run because they didn't have work till 14:00.

"Mia! I don't have any clothes." Shouted Jay.

"There are brand new boxers in the first drawer. Shorts and sportswear is in the second drawer down. Jeans and trousers are in the third draw down. And tops are in the fourth with two hoodies." Said Mia.

Jay listened to what she was saying but was really confused for why she had mens clothes. He grabbed an underarmour tracksuit. He then grabbed a pair of trainer socks and was looking for shoes. Mia walked in and pointed to a box in the room which had five pairs of shoes. He picked up some trainers and slipped them on. Mia was wearing running leggings and a cropped sports top.

"Why do you have men's clothes?" Asked Jay.

"They are James's. He forgot to bring boxers with him though so he just bought new ones." Responded Mia.

" Responded Mia

"Are you going for a run?" Asked Mia

"I was going to go for a chill walk." Responded Jay.

"You can come for a run with me if you want." Offered Mia.

"Um yeah sure. What route do you do?" Asked Jay.

"I don't do a specific route. I run down to the beach and along the beach." Said Mia. She was grabbing a towel and some water.

"Why have you got such a big towel for a run?" Laughed Jay.

"Oh. Sorry I forgot to mention. I also go for a swim after my run." Laughed Mia.

"You have to be joking." Smiled Jay.

"No. I'm dead serious." Smiled Mia.

"Um okay. I will join you but I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow or at work." Laughed Jay.

Jay grabbed a towel and then they both ran down to the beach. They had ran for an hour and then they were walking along the beach for a spot to rest. Mia took off her sports top and leggings to reveal a bikini she was wearing. Jay took off his top and chucked his shorts on.

Jay stood there for a moment admiring Mia's body before snapping out of it and running into the water

Jay stood there for a moment admiring Mia's body before snapping out of it and running into the water. He was laughing when he dived into the water and then he shot out of the water because it was absolutely freezing. Mia ran in and dived into the water after him.

"Woooo! It is a cold one today." Laughed Mia.

"Really. I thought it was quite warm." Laughed Jay sarcastically.

They didn't really do any swimming. Instead the just floated in the water, talked and tried to push each other under.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was Jackson like?" Asked Jay.

"He was nice. We used to hate each other though."

"Why?"

"Well when he first turned up, he always made jokes about the only I got onto the team was because of James. It was a lie. I worked for everything. He later apologised and we were paired together."

"Did you get along then?"

"Oh yeah. We were the best partners. If one of us was ill and we needed someone to fill in, people were literally jumping at the chance of working with one of us."

"Did you two ever fall out?"

"Yeah. There was this kid who was pointing a gun at us. I stupidly trusted the kid and didnt think he would shoot. We later found out on our radio that he was told to hate cope and so he shot me."

"Were you shot when they told you that or did they tell you before?"

"They told us when I was already lying on the floor. James walked in so slowly and was like, 'oh by the way, the kid that lives here might have a gun'."

"I bet you were like, oh really?"

"Yes. That's exactly what I said. I was like, no shit James. He took one look at me and went, 'oh shit, you've been shot'."

"What happened? Did you nearly die?"

"No. It was actually really funny. James couldn't stop laughing, I think it was because he was nervous. Jackson was worried the whole time and just kept asking if it was his fault. I was like, no, I'm the idiot who decided to trust a kid who's dad literally killed a cop."

"Oh wow. And now you trust no one?"

"I trust you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You make me feel safe. I could trust you with my life."

"I wouldn't. I would probably be laughing like James."

"I know right. It's so funny that I was close to dying." Laughed Mia.

After the beach, they returned to Mia's house and both had a shower. Jay got changed into what he would normally wear for work and Mia got changed into her work clothes which were sometimes leggings and a top or jeans and a top.

It was 13:30 and they got in the car for work. Mia got Rufus and dropped him off at a daycare so she could go to work and he wouldn't be lonely all day.

"Hey guys." Said Trudy. "Something is waiting for you upstairs Mia.

"Hey Trudy. Thank you." Responded Mia.

"Afternoon Trudy." Smiled Jay.