Good and Bad Relationships

HAZEL:                                 Monday, June 10 - 9:00 AM

I’m standing outside plucking petals off a flower. 

“He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not.” I say to myself. I spin around to go back inside and I come face-to-face with Andrew. 

“He loves me,” I whisper to myself really fast. “I mean... uh, hi!” I fall back onto the grass. 

“Hi.” he says. Umm. 

“Hi,” I say. 

“Hi.” he says back. 

“So, um, what are you doing here?” I say really slowly. 

“I was... well, um... coming to your house!” he finishes fast. 

“You were?” I say slowly. 

“Yeah... I wanted to give this to you.” He helps me up then hands me a tulip in my favorite color, purple (yeah, it’s girly, whatever), then says,

“I really like you. I think you’re cute, funny and smart. You’re really nice and kind, too. I don’t know if you feel the same way about me sooo, I’ll let you think about what I said.” He turns around and walks back home. 

HeyItsHazel: emergency!!!!

PaigeM_33: what!

MusicLuvr5: WHAT?

HeyItsHazel: Andrew just gave me a purple tulip and said he liked me!!!!!

MusicLuvr5: OMG thats not an emergency!!!!!! So awesome!!!!!

PaigeM_33: cool

HeyItsHazel: cool? what do I do? I like him!

PaigeM_33: so tell him

MusicLuvr5: yeah tell him! r u stupid?

HeyItsHazel: I will. Thx for being my besties... Love ya

MusicLuvr5: u 2

*switch conversation* 

HeyItsHazel: I like u too

Superman86: really? is this a joke?

HeyItsHazel: nooo I really do... you are all the things you called me

Superman86: oh... hee hee thanks

HeyItsHazel: meet me in my yard

Superman86: k

I am sitting in my front yard criss-cross-applesauce when he comes. 

“Hi!” I say. 

“Hi,” he says. “Do you want to go to the beach?” 

“Hey!” I hear Jenny shout. Ugh. “Watcha doin?” she asks. 

“We were about to go to the beach! Wanna come?” Andrew asks as I make angry faces at her. 

“I’d love to!” she says pleasantly. I can see evil in her smile. 

PAIGE:                                        12:00 PM

“You guys always ruin everything!” Hazel screams. “I knew this would happen when we grew up but I don’t want it to yet!” All three of us are in my room. Hazel is standing up shouting at us. 

“We were just having fun at the beach!” Jenny says. We kinda ruined Hazel’s “date” with Andrew. Now she’s mad at us.  

“I’m not going to talk to you guys for a long time.” she says. Then she storms out and I see her run to her house from my window. A couple hours later, someone rings the doorbell. I can hear my mom from my room. 

“Hi Adam,” she says. Adam? I think my heart just stopped. “What do you need?” 

“Is Paige here?” he asks. Paige? Like, me, Paige? My heart totally stopped. I text my mom before she can answer. 

PaigeM_33: tell him I’m not!!!!

mackMOM: why?

PaigeM_33: just cuz

mackMOM: OK

PaigeM_33: thx

“She’s not here right now... Sorry.” I hear her say. Phew. 

“Oh, ok. Thanks, bye!” he says. 

“Bye!” my mom says. She comes upstairs. Oh no. Phew, she went into her room. I lock my door and close all my windows. If he saw me, I’d be done for. 

4:00 PM

I run out into the front yard and barely see Jenny walking to the beach in a wetsuit with a surfboard under her arm. 

“WAIT!!!” I scream. She spins around and stares into space a moment. 

“OH HI!!!” she yells back. I run over to her and then... run back and grab my surfboard and run back to her again. 

“I’m ready now!” I say. We go surfing for a half hour then go back to Jenny’s house. On our way there we meet Adam, who is going to surf too. 

“Oh! Paige! Um, hi. Where were you today?” he asks. 

“Umm heh heh. At... the... grocery store.” I say. 

“Have you told him yet?” Jenny whispers in my ear. 

“NO, shh.” we start arguing and our voices raise higher and higher. 

“Tell me what?!” Adam shouts. 

“She likes you!” Jenny blurts out. I am about to die. 

“Really? I came to your house to tell you I like you too, but you weren’t there.This may sound crazy but, do you wanna go out sometime?” he says. I smile an innocent smile and laugh.

“Yeah! That’d be awesome... See you later.” I say without really even knowing it. 

“Yeah...” and with that he walks away. 

“You... BLEH!” I say angrily  to Jenny, then storm away. 

10:30 PM

So, now we all aren’t talking and two of us have boyfriends. Wonderful. I toss and turn all night before getting to sleep at like 3:00 AM. I hope we become friends again soon.  

***

Thanks for reading!!!

- Jena Perkins -