11. flipping a damn bus

Start from the beginning

The three ran up to the main floor, going over to a window that looked out of Mikes house. Maddie saw the Hawkins Power and Light car parked outside the house.

"What's that guy doing?" Mike questioned, watching as the man inside the Power and Light car stared at the house. Dustin turned his head to Mike. "You don't think..."

With that Mike ran off, leaving Maddie and Dustin to watch the car. Maddies eyes widened when even more Hawkins Power and Light cars began pulling up to the Wheeler residence.

Dustin shut the curtains to the window fast when he made eye contact with one of the men in one of the vans. Dustin looked at Maddie. "Get El ready to go, now."

Maddie nodded, anxiety spiking at how calm Dustins voice sounded while his movements told otherwise. He ran to grab Mike while Maddie ran back down to the basement.

"What's going on?" El questioned, standing up once she saw the urgent look on Maddies face. "We need to go, okay? Once the boys get down here get ready to leave." El nodded, beginning to understand.

Maddie threw her backpack over her back, looking around the basement incase there was anything else the group would need. Her search was stopped when Dustin came running down the stairs, followed by Mike.

Mike threw his backpack on while Dustin threw his own backpack on and grabbed the walkie, connecting it to his headphones. "Let's go." Dustin instructed and the four ran towards the back door.

Maddie was so happy they had just thrown their bikes outside the door since she was able to stand it up right and begin running alongside her friends. They ran until they where farther from the back of the house. Maddie clumsily got onto her bike, waiting a moment for El to hop on the back before turning her head, watching as a man in a suit followed by repair men walked towards them slowly.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin instructed and Maddie began to peddle as hard as she could. The men all ran back to their cars once realizing the kids where running (or biking) but Maddie didn't even look back as she focused on getting away.

"Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." Dustin freaked while the group made it onto actual street.

"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us." Dustin spoke, talking to Lucas. "Cornwallis." Dustin stated after a second. He listened to Lucas say something and repeated it. "Copy. Elm and Cherry!"

"Okay." Mike nodded, peddling harder. Maddie did the same, trying to keep up with Mikes pace. It definitely seemed to be easier to bike while being chased when there wasn't a second body on the bike.

The four cut through someone's front yard, going towards Elm and Cherry. Maddie turned her head backwards for a second and wished she didn't when she saw multiple Hawkins Power and Light vans now driving behind the group.

"Shit!" Dustin cussed. "Jesus, fuck!" Maddie yelled at the same time. "This way, come on!" Mike instructed, leading the group to bike past houses and off the street.

They found themselves in the backyards of many houses, having to bike past some girls who where playing a clapping game. Dustin dinged his bell. "Out of the way! Out of the way!" The girls broke apart, allowing for the party to bike through. "Sorry!" Maddie yelled, not even thinking to stop.

Maddie followed behind Mike as he cut onto someone's driveway, going back onto the road. Luckily, Lucas had gotten there at the same time and everyone was back together again.