11. The Not-So-Big Reveal

Start from the beginning

"... Uhh, erh, I mean I was waiting for you, Horikita."

"Hmp. That's better... Anyhow, I'm curious about how it went with Sudo-kun."

"Ahh, yeahhh. About that... " His voice trailed off at the last part.

"Hm?"

( . . . )

"I lied," he stated.

"You.... lied?" I asked, feeling lost. "About what exactly?"

( . . . )

"Everything," he responded. "I lied about the second years striking a deal with Sudo. I lied about the three Stooges giving us free information. I lied about most of the things they've said, and I most definitely lied about the fight itself. In truth, I was the one who caused things to escalate."

( . . . )

( . . . )

( . . . )

( . . . )

I am utterly speechless.

And also... three Stooges?

I stopped walking altogether and stood in the hallway. Not many students were passing by, so it was acceptable.

My mind couldn't process the big reveal. My emotions were getting the best of me and I had to close my eyes to calm myself.

( . . . )

When I opened my eyes, he was leaning against the wall a few feet ahead, apparently waiting for my reaction.

"Ayanokouji-kun."

"Yes?" he responded.

"Are you an idiot?"

"Maybe," he said.

"But that's besides the point. You owe me an explanation. I'm trying to think of why you would do this, and I'm coming up with nothing but a dead end."

"So, you want me to tell you my reason for lying?"

"Yes, I do. Explain." I was really angry at him. My face probably gave it away, but I had no intention of hiding it.

"Sure, I can explain. However... it's a long story. Plus I am most definitely suspended and won't be able to attend class. I'm actually heading to get my suspension notice right now," Ayanokouji said whilst pointing towards the Administration Office. "We'll need to make plans after school, since I won't be here during the day."

That's a good point. I better pick a place to meet up. "In that case, how about we go to-"

I was speaking, but he cut me short. "Hold up, Horikita. We might make a rash decision while standing out in the open. Plus there might be inconveniences throughout the day which may prevent us from getting there on time."

"That's.... true."

"So how about this," he said, whilst taking his phone out from his pocket. "I'll contact Kushida or one of the girls in class. I'll tell them to inform you of where we'll meet up. I'll do that right before class ends so there will be less chances of encountering any casualties on the way to our meeting."

Ughh. That's the last thing I want to happen.

"Hmp. No way am I talking to those meatheads," I gave my honest opinion.

"In that case, what do you suppose we do?" he shot back at me.

( . . . )

( . . . )

"Tch!" Looks like I have no choice. "I'll give you my contact."

"Oh, right. Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" Ayanokouji pretended to scratch his head in embarrassment. Does he think he looks cute or something?

"Here." I took out my phone and handed it to him.

When he was finished entering our contact details into each of our phones respectively, I took my phone back.

"I'll text you when school finishes," I said. "We can decide where to meet up from there."

"Sounds like a plan," he said, and began to depart. "I'll see you later, Ice- err, Horikita."

When he was almost out of ear-shot, I called out to him, "If the school system finds out about this, you'll be expelled!"

Without looking back, he shouted, "Fuck the system!"

.

.

● ○ ● ○ ●● ○ ● ○ ●● ○ ● ○ ●● ○ ● ○ ●● ○ ● ○ ●● ○

.

.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV:

.

.

Who's the boss? Oh, I am!

That's right! I just leveraged Horikita Suzune's number and for a totally pathetic reason at that.

Bwuahahahahha. I feel like the devil.

She didn't seem to notice my true intentions. I made sure of it by carefully leading the conversation towards the sharing of our contact details. I even said that I would call another student to come and inform her of our meeting place, although I knew full well that she wouldn't want that. Based on Horikita's earlier behavior, I had assumed that she was the type of person who hates making friends, so of course she'd deny the option of relying on others.

To her, the exchanging of our numbers would have appeared to be the natural conclusion given the context of our interaction.

But little did she know...

... that Johnny-boy had other plans.

"Huhhh. The bliss of youth," I lightly muttered upon closing in on the Admin Office.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[ A/N: If anyone knows a fanfic where Ayano gets transported into Tokyo Ghoul, then please let me know. ]

Word Count: 1287