Chapter 5

HAPPY READING

Even with one leg broken, Lisa could not help but thing that this will definitely make her the butt of jokes. So when her mother asked her how she was, she bit the bullet and said everything was fine.

"The situation at home is bad", her mother could not help but air out her grievances.

As the nurse was bandaging her feet, the resultant pain distracted her so she asked the nurse to stop. "What happened?"

Her mother said anxiously: "Your father always wanted Quinn and Ethan together. Today the child has clearly said she will not marry him. Earlier she was prevaricating, saying it's too early but now it seems her mind is set."

This was not how Quinn usually acted, if she clearly refused, wouldn't this disappoint both father and Ethan?

Lisa thought this was a good outcome, she was secretly pleased, but unfortunately that could not be displayed in front of her mother so she put on a worried tone to ask "Then?"

"Then what, then, your father was very upset."

"Oh."

Dissatisfied with her daughter's attitude, Alice said "Why are you not worried?"

Lisa wondered aloud: "Why should I be worried? I am not the one being forced to marry."

Alice sighed helplessly "Although he is capable, Ethan will always be a driver's son. Your dad would like to promote him, even to the position of a general manager. It is not a threat if Quinn is stuck with him. Now..."

Lisa silently smiled. Her mother was so calculating..how will that help?

Alexander's love for Quinn will always allow Quinn to have the upper hand.

Her mother went on and Lisa was in no mood to listen anymore. She said "Let me come back" to end the conversation

She stayed in the hospital for one night. No one had come to visit and Lisa was also happy with the quiet.

But she did not realise that she would find it most difficult in the middle of the night when the pain was keeping her awake. There was no one to talk to and she sat like an old patient in the bed, listening to the nurse's footsteps in the corridor outside.

Perhaps the nurse's monotonous footsteps aroused a desire in her heart, or the night outside made people think of strange things. Whatever it was, Lisa finally got her mobile phone to call a number she hadn't called in weeks.

Half of her was thinking, Quinn's refusal will certainly make the trip quite frustrating for her, would it not have been a good opportunity for her?

The other half, however, proudly scorned the idea. When an idea finally prevailed, Lisa quickly set aside the opposing thought, she did not want to give herself room for regret.

It was a long night.

It was a long distance international call.

"Hello?"

Lisa thought for a long time, and finally she just said: "Are you okay?"

Since she was so hesitant, Ethan was also smart enough to guess: "You know everything?"

"......" "..."

"......" "..."

"Repeatedly trampled by the same woman twice, is it worth it?"

"Not worth it, but ..... I can't help it." Ethan paused, Lisa understood him so well she could make out from his sigh how depressed he was.

Lisa finally did not utter any words of comfort; after all, in her bones she felt that the man deserved to be sad: "Aren't you feeling cheapened ?"