Chapter 4

HAPPY READING

It was only when she reached the airport that Lisa found out that the destination was New York.

Alexander's original intention was to have a strategic business co operation with North America's largest cosmetic company.

But the distribution of benefits on the contract had not yet been negotiated. While talks had collapsed two months ago, with the ill health of the company's chairman, the matter had been shelved till now. Jayden after taking office had now decided to take over the tricky case.

New York was definitely a good place.

"My passport is still at home!" Lisa said with mixed feelings.

In her heart, she was complaining. How did her boss not remind her to go home to get her passport, but somehow kidnapped her for a trip to his home?

She was getting ready to call home to send her passport to the airport, when Jayden immediately handed over a passport. Lisa took it, opened it and saw it was hers.

She was surprised. She heard her boss say particularly shamelessly: "I did not intend to take you on this trip. But I did not sleep last night to work overtime. When I went to your office you were sleeping soundly, somehow my heart was moved and I instantly made a decision to bring you on this trip."

Lisa was dumfounded, this explanation was very cute, but she was wary of the situation and did not dare to think she had a little favour, "How is my passport here?"

"Manager Ethan sent it to the company."

Lisa was surprised, and thus she missed the hidden searching look in her boss's eyes only to hear him say: "When you were asleep, he called more than a dozen times. I answered on your behalf and asked him to send your passport to the company."

Lisa could not believe that all this had happened while she was totally unaware. This man made her slightly afraid, so she looked around trying to find a temporary escape. Finally, she saw Secretary Park not far away and immediately said: "I will go to help Secretary Park check – in."

It was a long flight and she was sitting next to Jayden.

Fortunately, she had unfinished work which was time-consuming.

Alexander's current sales channels included high-end department stores, specialty stores, high-end perfume stores, pharmacies, self-operated stores and supply cabinets, airplanes and duty-free shops in airports and cities.

She could not access the net on the flight, so Lisa was restricted to the information already available on the computer. But that was enough to keep her busy through the ten hour flight.

Her boss was very good; he readily flipped through the New York Tourism illustrated magazine provided in the plane.

It was the first-class cabin; the only sound heard was the tapping on her keyboards. At some point, Lisa put down her pen and squeezed her eyes shut as her eyes were tired from staring at the screen for so long. At this time, her peripheral vision caught an attractive sight.

Lisa instinctively glanced to her side, only to realize that she was watching Jayden's profile.

She wasn't sure if he had just closed his eyes or had really fallen asleep.

Lisa's eyes were drawn to the illustrated Travel magazine on the table.

She vaguely remembered that Jayden had been in London,but he may not be familiar with New York. Lisa was familiar with New York , but as she looked at the pictures, she was surprised.