Chapter thirteen: As the world caves in

Start from the beginning

(Play the song at the top for a better experience of this part) 

"So, it would appear that our dream home has been reduced to a fixer-upper. I know you'll set everything right. Just not for us" Vision started.

"No. Not for us"

Sophia looked at them concerned "What do you mean?"

Wanda and Vision looked at each other "I'm sorry honey"

"About what?"

"It's time. Should we head home?"

"Yeah"

Wanda took a look at Monica and gave her a nod and a smile to thank her for saving her twins.

As the family started to walk home Wanda started to talk to Sophia, through her mind and explained to her what was going to happen.

Sophia was already crying and Wanda looked at her and spoke to her mind one more time "Don't show the twins you're sad honey I love you and i'm sorry"

Tommy noticed Sophia's tears "Sophie?" she quickly wiped her tears and looked back at him.

"Are you ok?"  "I'm ok Tommy" she smiled weakly at him.

As the family got to the house they all got into the twins bedroom so they could go to sleep.

Sophia waited outside, she couldn't stop her tears.

"Big day today. Your mother and I... are very proud of you both" Vision spoke.

"Very proud. You know... a family is forever. We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried. You know that, right?"

They both nodded.

Wanda and Vision kissed the twins goodnight and headed for the door.

"Good night, chaps"   "Good night, Dad"  "Good night, Dad"

"Good night, Mom"

Wanda and Vision stopped at the door to look at the twins once again

"Boys... Thanks for choosing me to be your mom" they smiled at her.

Sophia finally decided to join "Hey, can I have a minute with them alone?"

"Sure" Wanda kissed her head and got downstairs with Vision.

"Hey you two" Sophia said as she got closer to them.

"Hey Sophie" they smiled, Sophia took a deep breath knowing she won't be hearing this nickname from them again.

"You know I love you right?"   "Of course we know"

"You know I never thought I would be a big sister, I always thought it's gonna be just me but I'm so glad I got you guys" Sophia was tearing up a little.

"I love you I will always love you ok? don't ever forget that"

"We love you too Sophie" Tommy spoke

"You're the best big sister" Billy said, smiling at her.

She got up to them and hugged them as tight as she could not wanting to let go.

"Sophie?"   "Hmm?"   "You're squeezing me" Sophia chuckled through her tears. "Sorry"

She kissed their heads and tucked them into bed.

"Goodnight, I love you both... so much"

"Goodnight Sophie we love you too"

Meanwhile downstairs Wanda started to turn all of the lights off, the light behind her lit up again and she turned around to see Vision.

"Oh, I, uh... I read somewhere that it's bad luck to say goodbye in the dark"

"No, you didn't" Wanda chuckled a little

"No, no. Perhaps not. Perhaps... I just wanted to see you clearly"

"And?"   "And there you are"

Vision and Wanda were looking through the window to see the hex coming towards them.

"Wanda, I know we can't stay like this. But before I go, I feel I must know. What am I?"

"You, Vision... are the piece of the Mind Stone that lives in me. You are a body of wires and blood and bone that I created. You are my sadness and my hope. But mostly, you're my love"

Vision looked deep into his wife's eyes admiring her, memorizing every detail of her face reminding himself how much he loved her.

He placed his hand on her cheek and pulled her into a loving kiss.

Just then Sophia got down the stairs while wiping her tears.

"Hey darling" Vision said while smiling sadly at his daughter.

Sophia didn't say a single word, just ran towards Vision hugging him as tight as ever.

"I love you so much dad" she said while still clinging onto him.

"Darling look at me" he cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"I love you so so much I will always be with you right here" he said pointing at her heart.

Sophia nodded and smiled at her father.

Vision made his way towards his wife who was looking at the hex coming closer and closer to their house.

"I have been a voice with no body. A body, but not human. And now... a memory made real. Who knows what I might be next? We have said goodbye before, so it stands to reason..."

"We'll say hello again"

The hex took over as everything started to disappear.

"So long, darling" Vision said before fading away along with the house.

A/N: One chapter left until the end of part one <3