Chapter one: Starting over

The soft sunlight shone through the Maximoff's family house.

Wanda was making breakfast just when Vision got into the kitchen.

"Morning darling" he gave her a quick kiss on the lips, "Morning Vis"

as Vision walked past the calendar on the kitchen wall he noticed something strange.

"Wanda?" "Hmm?" "Is there something special about today?"

"Well I know the apron is a bit much dear but I am doing my best to blend in" "No no there on the calendar someone's drawn a little heart right above today's date"

"Oh yes the heart, well don't tell me you have forgotten Vis"

"Forgotten? Oh, Wanda, I'm incapable of forgetfulness. I remember everything. That's not an exaggeration. In fact, I'm incapable of exaggeration".

"Well, then tell me what's so important about today's date".

"What was the question again? Oh, well, perhaps, you've forgotten yourself".

"Me? Heavens, no. I've been so looking forward to it"

"As have I. Today, we are celebrating..."

"You bet we are. It's the first time we...

...have ever celebrated this occasion before."

"It's a special day!" "Perhaps an evening..."

"Of great significance..."

"To us both!" "Naturally" "Obviously"

"Exactly. Well done, us. All right. Well, that's me off to work, then"

"Have a good day, dear!"

As Vision got out of the house Wanda took a quick glance at the calendar before making her way towards the living room.

"Morning mom" Sophia greeted as she walked down the stairs "Morning Soph how did you sleep?" "Good but my head kinda hurts"

"Oh I'm sorry honey, do you need anything?" "No no i'll be ok"

Wanda smiled at her daughter and kissed her forehead.

A knock on the door got the girls out of their position.

Wanda quickly opened the door "Oh! Hello, dear. I'm Agnes, your neighbor to the right. My right, not yours. Forgive me for not stopping by sooner to welcome you to the block. My mother-in-law was in town, so I wasn't".

The woman in front of her said while handing her a pot with a plant in it.

"So, what's your name? Where are you from? And most importantly, how's your bridge game, hon?"

"I'm Wanda and this is my daughter Sophia"

"Wanda. Charmed" she shakes her hand "And Sophia how old are you?"

"17" Sophia responded.

"Oh I have a daughter just your age. Would you like to meet her?"

"Yeah sure" Sophia said "Great i'll go get her and be right back"

Agnes said as she walked out of the house.

"Well... she's definitely... something" Sophia said looking at her mother.

"We should blend in honey we're new here, besides having a new friend around might be fun" "Yeah you're right I hope she's not jumpy like her mother"

"Sophia!" "ok ok fine i'll stop"

Five minutes later Agnes was back with her daughter.

"This is Ivy" "Hi" the girl said a little awkwardly, "Nice to meet you Ivy" Wanda said, shaking the girl's hand.