Is This Love?

After bickering and negotiating with his brother, Vincenzo found his new target to terrorize. Across him stood this beautiful young woman dressed in all black. A simple necklace decorated her beautiful neck line and her hair was elegantly styled to match her classy look.

An absolute stunner that caught Vincenzo's attention from the very first sight.

"I'll see you later for the cake cutting Val."

"Where are you going?"

"To work my magic."

Vincenzo threaded to the crowd, keeping his eyes glued to this woman. She seemed to be distracted, looking around and whispering things to herself. When she finally looked up again, her eyes widened in panic before attempting to rush off to somewhere. That was when Vincenzo blocked her way, causing her to crash into him.

Her hands held on to his blazer tightly, trying to catch herself from falling. With ease, Vincenzo wrapped his arm around her waist, lifting her up slightly to get her steady on her feet again. She seemed flustered for the first few seconds. Her eyes filled with confusion but her cheeks turning a shade of pink gradually. Getting a hold of her senses, she pushed Vincenzo off, maintaining a safe space between the both of them.

"Buona sera, signorina. (Good Evening, Miss.)" He greeted her in a husky yet sultry voice.

"Buona sera principe. (Good evening, Prince.)"

"You speak Italian?"

"Just a little, Your Highness."

"Impressive." Vincenzo nodded with a charmed smile on his face. "Are you a Duchess? Or maybe a Minister? Princess?"

Shaking her head to all his assumptions, she cracked her brain to figure out if this was the right time to break it to him. "I would like to keep my title a secret until your birthday event ends, Your Highness."

"But I won't be here when it ends."

"Why so?"

Vincenzo simply shrugged.

At that moment, the emcee of the party invited the guest to the dance floor for the first dance of the night. The band present started playing a track known to many as Is This Love by Aalia. Everyone started pairing up, leading their partner towards the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?" She asked, handing her hand out for the Prince to take. "A special offer for the man of the night."

"Don't mind if I do."

As they danced in the middle of the floor, earning several coos of adoration from the others, Chayoung couldn't ignore the voices of her Chief and fellow Agents that was coming through her ear bud.

"Rooster to Baby Chick, what the hell are you doing dancing with the Prince? Over."

"Mid Chick to Baby Chick, are you nuts? Over."

"Eldest Chick to All, I'm pretty sure Baby Chick has a reason for doing this. Let's wait for her explanation. Over."

"You okay there?" Vincenzo whispered into her ear, causing shivers to run down her spine. "You seem a little...tense."

Vincenzo prompt her to spin, before pulling her back into his embrace. She now had her back to his chest, making it easier for him to whisper sweet nothings into her ear. "Is this your first time dancing?"

"Not my first, but a first in awhile." Chayoung spun out of his embrace, holding on to his hand before pulling him back to position themselves to be facing each other. They continued on to sway from left to right as their eyes studied the other's. It was like they were in an enchanting trance. Neither of them wanting to tear their eyes away from the other.

"You look amazing, tesoro (sweetheart)."

"Grazie Principe (Thank you, Prince.)." Chayoung breathed out. "Non sei male nemmeno tu (You don't look too bad yourself)."

As the song ended, the two of them bowed to each other before Vincenzo was called up on stage for his cake cutting ceremony. The moment he was up on stage, Chayoung went to the side of the hall, addressing the situation that was going on minutes ago to her colleagues.

"Baby Chick to All, I was in a tough spot and had to go with the flow. Over."

"Mid Chick to Baby Chick, I didn't know going with the flow involved getting physical with the Prince. Over."

"Rooster to Baby Chick. Try to distance yourself from him after the cake cutting ceremony. The King and Queen were not too pleased with the sight of you being body to body with the Prince. Over."

"Baby Chick to Rooster. I apologize. It won't happen again. Over."

Chayoung let out a frustrated sigh the moment all lines were cleared. Out of all the things that could have gone down tonight, she had to be the one who caught the Prince's eyes and be his dance partner of the night. It held the same energy of handing in her resignation letter early to her Chief to be dancing with a client.

"Eldest Chick to All, we have an emergency. A break in through the back gate has been reported. All out of hall now. Copy?"

"Copy." The three agents said through the line in unison.