* * *

This is one busy café. This is the only café in the area, so it is inevitable. Kyro and I alternate working at cash every couple of orders. Our cashier is on break right now. 

I heard the door open, meaning another customer came in. Without paying much attention, I began to speak.

"Welcome, what can I get you for today." 

"You know what I want." a familiar voice scorned, "You're my sibling after all, shouldn't you know what I want without even asking?" 

Oh, it's her. I'm going to have to give her my free drink. 

"Oh okay, I'll get you a latte sis."

That was an unexpected customer, but the next group of people who came in were even more unexpected.

 It was the entire student council + Hayasaka? 

Chika's here, this isn't good. She's going to make a huge ruckus, which'll disturb us. 

"WOOOAHHHH! L/N, SINCE WHEN DID YOU WORK HERE????" Chika yelled. "Can I get a free drink?" 

"No Chika." 

"Awwww no faiirrr." 

I took their orders, but Hayasaka was awfully quiet. 

"Ai-san, what would you like to get?" 

Kaguya elbowed Hayasaka straight in the ribs. 

"OW, um, can I just get an iced coffee?"

"For sure!" I responded. 

I was about to step away when I heard a quiet voice coming from Hayasaka, "you look good in your uniform." 

At this point I couldn't take it, my face was redder than a tomato. I just gave them their drinks and told Hayasaka that she looked cute. Now she's the one that's red, hehe. 

* * *

After my shift ended, I hung out with Kyro for a bit. It turns out he likes to play basketball, so I went with him to hoop for a little. 

While we were hooping, he struck up some conversation. 

He pulled up from 15 feet away, "So bro, is that blonde your girlfriend?

"Nah bro, she's just a good friend." 

"Then why did you call her by her first name?" 

Fookin hell man, that's embarrassing. 

"S-so what if I d-did?"

"You're stuttering, don't hide it from me, you like her, don't you? I can tell by just reading your face. The way you looked at her, talked to her, even the way you prepared her drink. It seemed like you were really happy when she spoke to you. This girl is the one for you bro." 

I just nodded as I dunked on this mf. I turned into Vince Carter in the 2000 NBA dunk contest. 

"GET DUNKED ON YOU PIECE OF SHIT." I said, while flexing my arms to make sure he feels bad. 

"F*ck off bro. Back to the topic at hand though, it's ight bro, I'll help you out with getting her. Though I'm pretty sure she likes you."

"Thanks man. You're actually much nicer than I thought, but you're a loner. How come you don't have many friends?" 

And then he told me a tragic story, it's like something straight out of a romance anime, but I can relate somewhat. 

"I had a girlfriend for two years. We were totally in love, and I thought this love would never break. We texted each other every day, called, went on dates, and overall were very present in each others' lives. That was until one day, she basically got isekai'd." 

Making jokes about trauma? I guess that's one way to cope. 

"She was hit by a car, she didn't survive. If you couldn't tell already, it absolutely broke me. After her death, I had a hard time socializing with people. You seemed really nice though, so I made an exception for you." 

Aw damn, now I feel bad for ever disliking this kid.

"I'm sorry to hear that happened man. The pain must be unbearable. Here man,  if you ever need some bro time, just text me. I'll give you my line ID."

We exchanged line ID's and continued to play basketball to our heart's desire. He's a great guy.

 * * *

I stayed out till' 12 am playing basketball with this dumbass. He's lowkey a vibe. I'm glad I made another friend. Who would've thought, me, THE Y/N L/N, actually making friends? 

Though making this friend got me in trouble. 

"WHY WERE YOU OUT SO FUCKING LATE Y/N?" the Ice Queen known as my sister screamed.

A/N: Sike bitches, I lied. I obviously had to put at least a little Hayasaka interaction in this story. Sorry for late update, had a busy week. Went to the dentist, anime, and Splitgate.  See you guys soon. If you guys have any suggestions lmk. I plan on doing a bit more world building like this. 

-Based_Person 

The Transfer Student (Ai Hayasaka x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें