Chapter 6: The Past

A/N: Chapter includes slight themes of bullying, depression, worthlessness.

I have to admit, this chapter kind of reflected my experiences growing up in a foreign country as an Asian person (and being quite overweight at the time). Likely won't make any other chapters like this.

That being said, hope you enjoy.

-Based_Person

Y/N POV:

I actually can't believe my sister. Ever since she said that (refer to the end of the last chapter), I can't think about Hayasaka without blushing a bit.

She's just a good friend though, right? I'm sure everyone thinks that about their good friend. I just met her, there's no way I'm in love. Plus, f**k love (A/N: this mf emo now). Last time I tried asking out a girl, I just got made fun of.

Flashback (Canada):

*Snapchat*

Y/N: Mel, I really like you.

Mel: 'Mel took a screenshot.'

Mel: ASKLSKLFJLSJJFL, is this a joke?

Y/N: No?

Mel: 'Mel took a screenshot.'

*In real life the next day*

I was walking to school. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was snickering. They were pointing their fingers at me, making fun of me.

"Imagine thinking she would like you, you fat pig."

"Mel is too good for you anyways AsIaN eYeS."

"You smell like Asian food all the time, how's anyone going to like you. Fatass."

Present time:

They wouldn't make fun of me now. I mean I was a 5'6 chubby kid two years ago. They would all be obsessed with me now.

I smirked, all of these memories made me laugh, but I couldn't help but still feel what the Y/N two years ago felt.

Am I really that worthless?

Nah, I've got to stop having these thoughts.

I realized that my alarm has been ringing beside me for at least ten minutes. I was deep in thought again. This happens every once in a while.

I ran out of my room and got ready like a madman. I must've had a really dull look on my face, because my sister was staring at me like she saw a ghost. I stayed up playing Valorant, so I probably looked like Shirogane. That act rank is more important than anything.

I don't smile much, but I don't think I'm that scary.

Sakura's POV (Y/N Sister):

I'm getting a little concerned for him.

His past may be getting to him. He seems like the type that doesn't let his emotions take control, but I'm starting to think that this man needs a little bit of help.

Once, a year ago, he became very depressed due to what happened at his school. He had to transfer schools because he couldn't bear with going to that same school. I'm sure he's better now, but he's still a bit traumatized.

I'll monitor him for a bit. I also really hope he actually did make a friend, or should I say, girlfriend.

I smirked at that fact.