Too Powerful To Speed Up

Start from the beginning

"Hey, cousins!" Lily greeted.

"Hey, cousins!" the three boys greeted back with a wave.

"These are our cousins, Ben, Ken and Sven!" Pickle introduced.

"Ooh, who's that, Pickle?" Ben asked.

"This is Shadic, our new friend!" Pickle replied.

"Uh, hello," Shadic shyly waved.

"He's so cute!" Ken squealed.

"Grandpa, Grandpa, we have new friend!" Sven called out.

"New friend, huh?"

Grandpa Pickle drove to them, setting his fishing pole down and driving to his grandkids. He glanced down at the hedgehog pup on his youngest grandson's tire and gasped.

"I can't believe it…" he narrowed his eyes at the pup, adjusting his glasses a little. "It's a Mobian Hedgehog!"

"What is that, Grandpa?" Frilly asked.

"A being with energy of the God Chaos himself," Grandpa Pickle replied, taking the little pup onto his tire. "What are you doing here, all by your lonesome, little fella?"

"I… I got lost," Shadic whimpered. "Someone threw down a waterfall, and I… I end up here…"

"Aww, that's terrible!" Grandpa Pickle frowned and petted his head. "Don't worry, little guy. We'll watch over you until we find a way to get you back to your parents. How old are you?"

"8,"

"8?!" The girls and cousins gasped.

"Wow!" Pickle's jaw dropped. "That's 2 years older than me! Me 6!"

"Aww, poor child," Grandpa Pickle frowned and held the hedgehog pup close. "I bet you're hungry, huh?"

"I am! I am!" Shadic nodded frantically. "Do you have any chili dogs?!"

"Uh, we have pickles," Ken suggested.

"Now, now, Ken, not everyone likes pickles as much as we do," Grandpa Pickle told him. "And don't worry, little Shadic, I'm sure we've got some chili dogs lying around in the fridge,"

"Yay! Thank you!" Shadic spoke with a smile.

"No problem, little Shadic," Grandpa Pickle smiled and patted his head.

X
X

Shadow stared down at the inhibilator rings on his gloves, his tears rolling down to the rings. Sonic went to his side and leaned his head against his shoulder, head burying against the other's back.

"I… I miss him…"

"I… I miss him too…" Shadow sniffled his tears and let the other cry. "I'm so sorry…"

"It's… It's not your fault…" Sonic looked up at him with a sad smile. "You tried… You tried to save him…"

"I wish I could've tried harder…" Shadow sobbed. "I wish he was still here…"

X
X

"Ooh! What a pretty emerald!" Millie gasped as the green emerald glowed from within Shadic's quills.

"Oh yeah, that my Chaos Emerald!" Shadic grinned, taking the emerald out as he bit into the chili dog he had in his glove. "Mama gave it to me when I was 4!"

"A Chaos Emerald?" Grandpa Pickle's eyes lit up. "Amazing! I had only heard of these in legends and read them in books! Do you know the guardian of these amazing emeralds?"

"Yeah, that my Uncle Knuckles!" Shadic nodded.

"What Chaos Emerald, Grandpa?" Pickle asked.

"A Chaos Emerald is a gem with the power of chaos within," Grandpa Pickle explained. "There are seven Chaos Emeralds in existence, along with the Master Emerald, which is being guarded by the Guardian of the floating island called Angel Island,"

"Woah!" Pickle gasped.

"That sounds amazing!" Ben cheered.

"Can you make the emerald work?!" Millie asked the dark blue hedgehog.

"Um… I can try…" Shadic looked hesitant as he finished up his chili dog.

He focused his chaos energy at the emerald, causing it to glow, as did the icy blue stripes. As he did, he felt a stinging sensation, causing him to gasp and yelp.

"AAH!"

He dropped the emerald with a hiss. This made Grandpa Pickle frown.

"Whats wrong, little Shadic?"

"I… I think I use too much chaos energy…" Shadic whimpered.

"Hmm…" Grandpa Pickle thought for a while before nodding. "Alright, stay here, I need to go get something,"

The kids all looked confused as they watched the elderly green truck drive off into the basement. He came back soon after, a strange machine in his tire as he set it next to Shadic.

"Whats that, Grandpa?" Tillie asked.

"An energy detector," Grandpa Pickle replied, setting two strappers down beside the hedgehog. "It would help detect how much Chaos Energy you have, little one,"

"Uh… I don't think that's such a good idea…" Shadic gulped as the strappers were wrapped around his wrists. "Mama and Papa say that I have too much. I might break machine,"

"That's what I'm afraid of that, but let's test it anyway," Grandpa Pickle started up the machine.

Suddenly, the machine glowed a bright blue, the numbers heading up and up until the machine went out of control. The gears went flying, the machine glowing red before smoking up and breaking into bits, which caused everyone to gasp.

"Just as I thought…" Grandpa Pickle hissed and unhooked the mission. "When you use too much chaos energy on the emerald, it goes wrong, especially when your energy is unstable,"

"I… I usually have my inhibilator rings to help stabilize my energy," Shadic admitted. "But I… I left them back at my house,"

"Well, since you left them, you can't use the emerald," Grandpa Pickle told him. "Well, unless you know a magical spell with the emerald that uses less chaos energy,"

"Well… I know one thing I discovered…" Shadic jumped down and grabbed the emerald. "Chaos… Control!"

There was a flash of light, blue and green as Shadic suddenly glowed full white. His form slowly shifted and started to look a bit bigger until the light ceased, and in front of them stood a dark blue truck child with lightning blue marks on his sides.

"WOW!" the trucks all gasped in amazement.

"So… what do you think…?" Shadic sheepishly asked.

"You look awesome!" Pickle squealed.

"You'll fit right in," Grandpa Pickle smiled.

"Th-Thanks, everyone," Shadic smiled back.

Maybe… he can fit in this world.

Maybe he can call this world his home until he finds a way back.