Total Opposites (Kiri POV) pt 2

TOTAL OPPOSITES: KIRISHIMA'S POV

EIJIRO KIRISHIMA X (FEMALE) READER
SHORT STORY: 6 PARTS
PT 2/6
____

"Huh?" Was all I could respond with. I had no idea what she had said. She spoke  in English. She knew I didn't know English.

"That's not fair. I don't know what you said. You know I suck at English."  I argued. It was killing me to know what she said. It didn't sound like she said anyone's name...so she could've said anything.

"Maybe you should study harder." She teased.

I chuckled in defeat.

"Maybe you could tutor me?" I asked. She helped me in class, but if she could tutor me after class I would be able to spend more time with her.

"Maybe. I'll think about it." She responded with a cheeky grin.

"By the way," she spoke again. "Do you plan on asking anyone to the ball."

I froze momentarily, not long enough for (Y/N) to notice. I was definitely surprised by the question. Even though it should have been predictable and was on topic. I didn't want to say it was her, knowing that she might want to go with someone else.

"Yeah. She's just out of my league. She also has her eyes set on someone else at the moment." I answered truthfully without saying who it was.

"O-oh, I think I know who it is." She smiled. I panicked. Did she really know already? That quick?

"Really? I guess I wasn't as slick as I thought I was." I tried to laugh it off but it came across too awkward.

"Yaoyorozu, isn't it? She's not out of your league. She may have her eyes on Todoroki, but it can't be that serious." She spoke.

I internally sighed out of relief. But at the same time I didn't want her to think I liked Yaoyorozu over her. Never in a million years could that even be a possibility.

"(Y/N) that's-" I tried to explain myself but I was cut short.

"Oi! What are you two cackling about?" Bakugo entered the room.

"Hi, Bakugo! (Y/N) and I were just talking about the ball." I responded with a smile.

"So you already told her that you want to go-" Bakugo tried to speak. I knew immediately what he was going to say. He was going to blow my cover! If I let him finish that sentence (Y/N) would find out that I wanted to ask her. I reacted without thinking. My hand flew and slapped over Bakugo's mouth. The sound of impact could be heard throughout the whole common room.

Now I was in an even stickier situation. When I looked directly at Bakugo I could see the pure rage ingrained in his expression. Another surge of panic ran throughout my body.

"You shitty hair! You slapped me!" Bakugo boomed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be that hard." I tried to apologise whilst backing away from Bakugo.

"Ha, you think you can get away with it? It's payback time!" His voice got louder. His competitive nature coming out.

"Guys, lets not do this in the dorms!" (Y/N) yelled out from a fair enough distance from us. She was obviously trying to retreat.

I tried to retreat towards her too, but Bakugo jumped over the couch and threw his arm back, preparing for the hardest slap. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out of the way in time.

"Sorry bro, but you can't slap me and get away with it! We must settle this like men!" Bakugo howled as he delivered the most powerful slap he could. Luckily I had activated my quirk just in time to prepare for impact, but I did not expect to be thrown back from the blow. It was stronger than I had thought. Next thing I knew was that I was on the ground...but it was softer than I had imagined.