Total Opposites (Kiri POV) pt 6

PART 6/6

Trigger warnings: mentions of underage drinking and slight intimacy
____

Friday rolled by in a flash of light. Every day had been greater than the last. I was able to actually be with (Y/N). In a romantic way. I was over the moon. It was no secret either. The news about us quickly spread around our class.

Now it was finally time for the ball.
All of us boys were neatly dressed in our suits. There wasn't one head of hair that didn't have gel combed through it. Even though none of us would openly admit it to each other, we were nervous to meet with our dates.

The girls had agreed to meet us all outside the entrance of the ball. It wasn't long before we heard their heels clopping against the concrete pathway. It was as if they were a group of angels. They were all so beautifully dressed, but there was only one girl I had my eyes locked on.

The finally grouped up with us and we all sorted ourselves into our pairs. I swiftly linked my arm with (Y/N)'s.

"You look breathtaking, (Y/N)." I gushed as I took a closer look at her. She looked so gorgeous in her dress. I could feel myself blush the longer I looked at her.

"You look incredibly manly tonight." She whispered in my ear. Shivers ran up my spine as her breath kissed my neck.

"You really know how to compliment a guy, Softy." I bashfully responded.

The ball was beautifully displayed. There were flashing lights, a wall of fairy lights for photo purposes, a buffet table in the corner. The music was pumping and everyone was starting to get their groove on. Whilst some were already digging into the buffet.

"Madam, would you do me the honour of having this dance with me." I asked playfully. Bowing as I spoke.

"Of course, good sir." She responded while giving a curtsy.

Everyone was dancing and having fun. A line dance had started up and most of the students attempted it. It was all fun and games, people were laughing and others were being laughed at for their funky dance moves. Through the crowds, I could see Mina headed in our direction. When she got close enough she grabbed hold of (Y/N)'s arm.

"Yo, Kirishima. We're gonna steal (Y/N) for a bit. I think Bakugo and Kiminari are also wanting to hang with you!" She yelled over the music.

I really didn't want to leave (Y/N), but I knew that we couldn't just flake on our friends. I reluctantly let go of her and let Mina whisk her away. I watched her disappear in the crowds, then went on a search for my own friends. They were huddled by a bowl of fruit juice.

"Your girls ditch you too?" I asked.

Sero rolled his eyes. Whereas Kaminari just looked defeated.

"Yeah, Mina says they need to make some memories together." Sero responded, almost as a complaint.

"Oh well, we can just make our own memories." I suggested.

All the boys grouped together and danced wildly. Kaminari somehow got up on Sero's shoulders at one point as they were jumping around to the beat. Mineta had snuck in some alcohol and no one was refusing when he offered. All of the boys were having the time of their lives. Each of us slightly tipsy.

After a good while I started to lose my breath and needed a break. I slipped away and hid near a pillar. I looked out into the crowds and saw (Y/N) dancing. She looked flawless. She took notice of my staring and began to make her way to me. She was struggling to get past everyone dancing. I had to stretch out my arm to help her glide through. She safely landed in my arms. Her soft body pressed up against mine.