"I wouldn't look that far in the future. After what happened today, I don't know if he even wants to be with me anymore," I avoided eye contact.

Her smile faded. "I thought I heard you yelling earlier... what happened?"

"Well..." I turned away, still ashamed. "I may have kind of blamed Kaito for Yohioloid showing up and making me upset... I said it was all his fault."

Luka took in a sharp breath. "Meiko."

"I know, I know! I ruined everything and he probably hates me now!"

"Shhh, not so loud, the kids are asleep," Luka whispered. "What happened after that? Did he yell back?"

I shook my head. "I could tell I made him upset, and so I told him he should leave. I might've said something even worse if I had kept going."

"Well, that was smart of you," she nodded, thinking to herself. "I know you were upset, but that wasn't an excuse to take it out on him, you know. You really need to go apologize, and when you do, make sure you can both communicate your thoughts so everything is in the clear and so this doesn't happen again, okay? Some time has passed and you will both be a lot more calm now that the moment's over."

"Yeah, I guess so," I mumbled quietly.

Luka smiled and patted my arm. "Don't worry, you can patch this all up tomorrow. Kaito is a good guy, you know that better than anyone. It's gonna be okay."

After that, I didn't say much. We quietly wished each other goodnight and tried our hardest to fall asleep with such heavy minds.

Yeah, it didn't work so well, I was awake for another half hour because I couldn't stop thinking of everything, and I could tell the same was for Luka. But, she wasn't in my room when I woke up, I could hear her rattling around in the kitchen, making breakfast. I glanced at the clock, noticed it was nine, and didn't think much of it.

But then I remembered. It was Friday! I was gonna be super late to work!

I scrambled out to the kitchen, and I saw Len was sitting there in his pajamas. He had school, and Luka had work too, so what was happening?

"Hey, what's going on?" I was clearly frazzled, and I'm sure I looked crazy. "I have to be at work by this time! And doesn't everyone else have things to do today too?"

Luka saw me and giggled. "Nope! I went ahead and contacted all of our people and told them that we won't be showing up today. We're going to spend a day all together, as a family."

"Luka," I sighed and stepped closer so I could lower my voice without Len hearing. "I really need you to stop canceling work for me without me knowing. That's not your decision to make and it could be very bad for my job."

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't think of that," she whispered back, hanging her head.

I hesitated for a moment and then looked her in the eye. "It's alright. I understand why you did it, considering the circumstances, and I guess it's okay. But in the future, please don't do anything like this without asking."

"I won't," she said, going in for a hug.

I hugged her back. "It's like I said with the money problems, I don't want you to have to do everything by yourself. I want to help, too."

"Thank you, dear," Luka grinned. "I love you."

"I know."

"Aww, so cute," Len smiled at us from over the counter.

Luka went over and gave him a bunch of kisses. "Aren't you so excited to spend the day together, Lenny?"

"Yes yes yes!" He giggled, grabbing her arms. "Is Uncle Kai coming over?"