13

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."
Steve Maraboli

Foolish and Clara weren't similar. They were both divine spirits, but that didn't mean that they were meant to be equals. They were like the Greek gods and titans, or the Æsir and Vanir from the time of the Norse. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that they probably couldn't got along. That fact was proven by their first fight. Clara had tried to kill Foolish (or kill the mortal part of him), but he stubbornly remained alive and half-divine.

Clara laid on the ground in a mess of tears on the stairs of the grand temple. Clara, in Foolish's eyes, looked more human in that moment than he had ever seen her before. Foolish was used to this quietly confident, somewhat sadistic personality that Clara showed the world. She was covered in cuts with wild strands of hair that floated around her head. Her eyes were shining brighter than when she used magic with the way the sun refracted in her tears. She was shaking all over with shuddering breaths and trembling lips, her hands tightened around her body to keep herself together. Foolish saw the parts of humanity in Clara that drew him to give up some of his divinity in order to live among them.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Foolish asked as he leaned down with clear eyes. Foolish was a man of second chances. Despite Clara attempting to murder him, he knew it wasn't out of malice. Deep within her heart, Clara was doing what she knew to be the way to protect what she loved. Clara didn't want Foolish, Hannah, and Karl ruining what she had established. The close bond that connected her with Tommy was in jeopardy every moment she was around them. Tommy knew Clara's sweet, normal side. Tommy didn't know about the demonic attitude she possessed.

"Shut the hell up. I don't have to say a damn thing to you," Clara fumbled through her words as she turned around to sit on the steps. She drew her knees close to her chest while burying her face into her crossed arms. While her words were meant to upset Foolish, they didn't have any bite to them.

"No, you don't have to tell me anything. You don't even have to say anything," Foolish agreed as he sat down two steps below Clara with his feet stretched out before him. Foolish leaned back his head to stare up at the sky. In Foolish's sealed part of the dimension, it was blue skies all the time. Foolish added tumid clouds whenever Puffy adopted him because it reminded him of her sheep appearance.

"Why are you sitting there, then? I'm not saying a word. You might as well leave me alone," Clara snapped as she stared darkly at him. Her eyes lacked any edginess because of her swollen cheeks.

"You ran all the way here in distress. We may be fighting, but I'm not a monster. When you're ready to tell me what set you off, I want to be right there for you," Foolish said with a soft smile as he closed his eyes. He stretched his arms out all the way as he basked in his artificial sun. Clara looked up to feel the warm, salty breeze blow across her face. It made her skin feel better after her sobbing. Clara felt all the tension in her body relax as the breeze grew softer. Dozens of feathers tickled at her skin, and knocking down the remaining walls around her heart that Puffy had been working on bringing down.

"I... I'm not supposed to feel like this. I'm not made for complex emotions. I'm a tool of the Dreamon that sacrificed the last snippets of it's life to create the Egg. I'm ingrained with this burning animosity for life and creation. My desires should only be destruction, bloodshed, and avenging the Dreamon. That is all I was meant for," Clara confided in Foolish with heavy breaths that didn't come easily despite the soulful air. "My... heart... my heart, something I shouldn't have, longs to... it's embarrassing to say out loud."