Chapter 8: Jupiter

"Jupiter?" Ty and Bianca asked simultaneously,
"Jupiter...yes. You'll see soon enough." Mr. Dynos replied.

The elevator they boarded quickly descended below ground level for a few seconds before opening up to a black room with 8 chairs. The silhouettes of the chairs lit up with an eerie green followed by an almost monotonous voice.
"Please take your seats, we will be departing momentarily." 
Ty was confused as he took a seat and Bianca joined him after a brief intersection of absolute confusion. He was entering a state of deductive reasoning when the sound of next-gen electric thrusters derailed his train of thought. 
"We're taking off?" Ty asked,
"I don't know if you've noticed, Parker, but I do not stutter." Mr. Dynos said over the relatively low hum of the rocket thrusters.
"Also...once we enter outer space we'll immediately be put sleep for the 45-hour journey. Side effects include nausea and hypersomnia and blah blah blah." 
The acceleration was astronomical as they were almost in outer space whilst the man in leotards was talking. Ty noticed gas slowly seep into the room and almost immediately felt drowsy. Beside him, Bianca had already fallen asleep, her turquoise eyes closed her white hair floating in an almost ghostly manner. The J-sector rocket was light-years ahead of anything he'd ever seen, Ty had little time to marvel at the rising sun over the curvature of the earth before he was completely knocked out.

***

"So you're saying what exactly?" she asked,
"I'm the better twin," Josette replied, fixing her dark hair, and getting ready for bed. Ocean blue eyes stared back at her and Josette looked back as Autumn tucked her strong ginger hair behind her ear. She nodded slowly in both sarcasm and disbelief.
"I see. Well, we have a grueling assignment tomorrow so goodnight I guess..." Autumn shrugged, Josette immediately scoffed,
"Training, training, training. I hate training. You... know you should be called winter and not autumn." 
"Yeah yeah. You know I'm right." Autumn threw a pillow at her roommate before she gave the "lights off" command.

Josette sat in total darkness for a few hours thinking of her lifelong rival and brother. Memories of their childhood began to surface slowly but surely, all the science fares, the competitions, the research, and constant competing and bickering with each other. She let out a little giggle at the thought of her brother and buried her face between her knees.
"You're thinking of him again aren't you?" Autumn asked in the darkness.
"Of course yes I am, he's basically my favorite person. He's me..."
"I thought you hated him," Autumn asked, 
"I don't hate him, Autumn. I just miss how he brings out the best in me. He's different, Ty shines effortlessly regardless."
"I really hate how you don't see how you shine too J." Autumn sighed as she spooned Josette.

***

Ty's eyes were heavy when they opened, having a dreamless sleep, his eyes beheld a new, almost dream-like sight. A giant puffy ball, illuminated by the sun loomed toward them. It took him a good minute to regain his full senses before he asked.
"Is that...?"
"Yes..." Mr. Dynos was already awake with a wide grin across his face as the ship began accelerating towards the giant striped ball rather violently. Ty shot a quick look at Bianca who seemed in a very ghostly sleep. 
"Woah, Woah Woah wait a damn minute, it's pulling us in. That's Jupiter and it's pulling us in!" 
What confused Ty was why they were being pulled in by Jupiter, why was Bianca still asleep, and why the hell was this madman in leotards smiling, almost laughing like a maniac while we was panicking half to death. His knuckles turned white as he thought of what Josette would do in this situation...absolutely nothing. The planet sucked them in closer and closer going exponentially faster and faster until Ty shut his eyes preparing for a crash or any other fatal outcome. The violent shaking stopped, and everything was suddenly dead calm. Heaven thought Ty before he peeped his eyes open and before him, he saw a whole different solar system with a total of 18 planets, all having a rocky terrain and visible bodies of water. All are capable of supporting carbon-based life.

Mr. Dynos assumed a grandiose pose, opening his arms wide. 
"Welcome to Jupiter." he smiled, extremely happy at the idea.
"Jupiter? Are we INSIDE a planet?" Ty was absolutely bamboozled.
"That's the number one question I've always had from the residence here." Mr. Dynos explained.
"Residence?" the confusion just kept coming for Ty. 

The rocket docked on the nearest planet and Ty gently awoke Bianca as the leotard-ma continued explaining. 
"This is indeed Jupiter and due to crazy massive since me and the boys decided to do something crazy. We basically made a solar system within the solar system itself. Since the core of this planet is a few thousand degrees hotter than the surface of the sun we figured ....why not?" They walked out of the rocket onto a warm breathable atmosphere, a rocket hanger surrounded by a station that was a hybrid of man-made and mother nature.

"This is an extremely diverse system, as much as it's founded by humans you'll find that it borders the realm of the unbelievable. This is the real forefront of science and advanced civilization beyond problems of money, poverty, politics, and such. Every single soul on every single planet here is heavily dedicated to improving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.  That was the idea that The Brotherhood had 200 years ago and it's still going strong today." Ty opened his mouth to speak but was quickly cut.

"We have people who live here who have made the most outstanding scientific breakthroughs. This place is centuries ahead of the IPSA and that is the reason you were rejected. Your potential is promising. Believe me, I was impressed with what you showed me earlier with that aerospace modification but hear me out..."
Mr. Dynos was cut by two young men who approached him in a rather enthusiastic manner.
"Professor. We've made exceptional progress in our research in the stabilization of wormholes using mirror matter and as well as creating suitable conditions for mirror matter to be studied extensively." 

"Great." Mr. Dynos exclaimed after a brief intermission
 "See to it that professor Starrk and professor Stain give the green light for the next phase. They should be on planet 9." He said before turning back to Ty and Bianca who hadn't said a word since arrival. 
"The Kingston brothers" Mr. Dynos smiled. "They're lazy but when it comes to working they're both fast and accurate."

"As I was saying, kids. If what you showed me on Earth was your best work then according to Jupiter standards you're barely above average. This will be your base planet. Planet 5. I know this is a bit too much to take in so I'll meet you in a few hours while you're escorted to your room. Follow the green path."
Bianca's head began spinning as this was too much information to process, too much reality to take in.

"Are you ready to see a place that surpasses IPSA? Are you ready to experience true science? Are you two really ready? This is the pillar of science, Kagaku No Hashira, THIS IS JUPITER "