Chapter 5: Down to Earth

What went wrong...he was practically perfect. He was part of the first crew to land robots on Venus, his reason for research would propel humanity past a type 1 to almost a type 2 civilization, his calculations and theory was peer reviewed and perfect and on top of that he was the better looking twin. Ty COULDNT figure out why they'd denied him acceptance into that school, pretty much the best in the solar system...in the universe. Nevertheless on the trip back to Earth he kept on slipping between a brooding mood and an excited state of creative spasms where he'd record ideas on his phone and come up with hypothesis'. Upon arrival, he was taxied home, if he had a tail it would be tucked under his legs.

"Ty...please open up."
"No ma, I'm busy"
"Busy with what. You have to apply to other universities and you already have some which accepted you"
"No ma. My machines are still on Venus, i want to change their algorithm so that they can start..." Ty trailed off when he heard a knock on the front door. His mothers footsteps faded and answered the door.
"Ty its for you..."
"Unless its from the academy in space tell them to go away.". Moments later a man spoke to him from the other side of the door

"I'm Markus from J-sector. I'm sent here by the Supreme Four to ask you to join J-sector. They could use someone of your intellect. I wont waste anymore of your time. Call me when youre ready to accept the offer and J-sector will springboard you to your dreams." A small contact card was slipped into his room, it had the J-sector logo, Markus' name and number only. The man  left without another word.

Ty thought to himself...
J-sector...J-sector. Wasn't that the aerospace company that made those crazy looking jets?...It was the best aerospace and aeronautics company in both Earth and Mars. It was a decent offer not bad. I remember the IPSA collaborating with them once but it died...something about different levels of work or something...the founder of J-sector was once a project supervisor once there too...but then again being an aerospace engineer isnt my style...too bad for J-sector, I was going to take the offer if they were a littel more than that...

For the next week his mother and the universities around the country kept on pestering him to join, nagging him to consider other career paths which he might like, talking to him and giving him counsel to find other passions and goals.
"I refuse to have other goals ma." he responded calmly over dinner.
"Ty I'm not saying have other goals...I'm simply saying consider taking a detour..."
"Oh my.. where have you ever that there was a shortcut to success...if the IPSA wont help me get where I want then I can do it myself."
"The last time you said that you got into trouble with a car company."
"And till this day, said car company has the best performing cars globally thanks to me..."
"Ty this isn't"
"I got the recognition I wanted. They paid for our high school studies...."
"Tyr..."
"Of course Bianca had a hand in it too...credit where its due. I should call up the CEO of Koenigsegg and ask how's the company doing since the algorithm was..."
"TY! LISTEN TO ME!!" she snapped, banging her fists on the dinner table furiously. Silence reigned for a good two minutes. She took deep breaths in and out.
"Accept an offer and move on with life"
"Will you stop patronizing me then?" 
His mother gave a fake smile and said, "Maybe I'll think about it"

"I need to call Bianca." Ty whispered and smiled to himself...