The Runaways

Authors Note:

Writing about this is hard. 45% of children abuse was reported to Child Protective Services last year, and 22% of children of some type of abuse or hardship, Runaway. Children Poverty levels are so high that in some areas it is nearly 50%. I really hope you enjoy this love story, just as I write it but please open and realize that actual children are going through this and don't have a place like this nor exist.

**********************************************************************************

I have always had it hard. My Dad ran out on my mom in high school, and with that my mom fell into depression. I knew she didn't want me, but she had me anyways. She dropped out of school to work. It was alright until I was 3. My mom lost both of her parents, my grandparents. We had no one but each other. I remember her crying and drinking away the pain. She started drugs and eventually lost her job. We started collecting money from the government but when all that started to go to drugs we had none left. We lost our home, her car, and eventually everything else. She blames me for her problems. I sometimes blame myself, but what am I post to do about it? I tried to help her, but she would get random guys she started to bring home would hit me. Finally she stopped getting them to hit me and just do it herself. But she still brought random guys around. They would try to sneak in when she was asleep, but I remember to lock the door. I would always remember what she did to me. What she brought upon her self. And with that, I remember I will always lock the door to shut everyone out.

*Present*

"Ricky! You Dumb bitch!" Slap.

"Mom, I swear I didn't do it!" My mom has some problems. She is claiming I stole 100 dollars from her wallet but I didn't, she probably spent it on liquor or drugs. If you're wondering, I'm Ricky.

"I don't care! I was going to use that money for Tonight! Just go clean! I'm having guest over tonight and you better not fuck it up! She screamed in my ear.

I finally finished cleaning the apartment.

"So mom? Clean enough?" I asked.

"Eh, Could have done better." She said flicking her hand.

"Go to your room." She said again.

I went to my tiny room and sat on my bed. I dropped out of school about 6 months ago, to work to keep a apartment.

Knock Knock

"Ricky Hunny?" I heard my mom said. Then I heard it. Two people laughing.

The door open and my mother and some guy was there.

"Ricky this is David, haha." She said as he put his arm around her, then he looked at me and came near me.

"Wow Sam, I never though you had such a pretty daughter. She defiantly got your looks." He said staring at me. When he touches my cheek I sat back so he couldn't touch me. When I looked at my mom with begging eyes to get this guy away, but she just glared at me.

"Ricky I need you to make a run for me. Go to the Gas Station, Eric will be there. Here is the money, Make sure it is Coke this time and not some fake shit." I grabbed the money and I was out the door. I didn't want to be there with that creep. I walked out the door and slowly made it to the Gas Station.

"Hey Ricky." I turned around and there was Eric.

"Hey Eric. Do you got my moms shit?" I asked. He handed me the bag.

"I don't know why you're still with her, she treats you like shit." Eric is 19 years old and he is like an older brother I never had.

"I know. I'm only there until I can get on my own feet."

"Well, I have to go early tonight but call me if you need anything." He gave me a quick hug and left.

I walked in the door and saw my mom and that David guy making out on the couch.

I dropped the bag on the table next to them and went to my room.

I went to go take a shower. When I got out I put on my shorts and a tank top and climbed into bed.

Knock Knock

"Ricky? You awake?" I heard David saying.

I opened the door. He looked stoned.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"To talk." He said.

"Well, Talk."I spat again. He tired to come in and I put my hand out.

"You stay there." I said. He grabbed my wrist and slammed me up to the wall in my room.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

But when he started to kiss my neck, I was in shock. I kneed him in the private area. He fell to the ground and hit his head. He was knocked out. I dragged him to the couch in the living room, when I started to walk back, I heard it. Police sirens...

I knew I would go to some foster home or sent somewhere, so I ran to my kitchen. I went threw my moms wallet and pulled out 500 dollars. I went into David's pants pocket and grabbed his wallet he had 450 dollars. I ran back to my room and hurried and changed into jeans. I grabbed my backpack and threw in my favorite jeans, my favorite shirts and hoodies. I grabbed my iPod and laptop, threw it in with my charger. I put the money in my wallet and grabbed my makeup bag and my straighter and threw that in there too. I also put everything else I need in there too like bras, underwear, everything I can. By then it's been 5 minutes and I hear the sirens in my parking lot. I hurried up and put in on my back and jumped out my window. I ran into the forest behind my apartment and kept running and didn't look back.