14: infection

Jimin stood on the stage in the ballroom, it was deep in the night, but as he was just a spirit he couldn't sleep. he didn't feel like staying in his room anymore so he had snuck out past the horrifying dolls all the way to his precious stage, he felt at home there. His body was light, making him more happy to move. He had turned on the music somehow and moved along elegantly. His arms were like water and his legs were like grass, quick and steady. His feet came off the ground from time to time for a jump and hops. his eyes were closed revealing a slight golden brown eyeshadow. Dancing is what he should keep doing, it reminds him of the times he danced on the plaza when there was a market, people would make music and jimin would dance along like the happy kid he once was. Even if he didn't have much he still found his joy in the music and dance, making people around him smile.

imagining like he was back there a smile appeared on the doll's face and the song ended..so did he, his arms moving down like a feather in the wind. his legs crossed in a T position, his right pointing forward. he sighed..he was back here, in this haunted mansion he was imprisoned to meet his death at the end. His whole sunny mood faded, taken over by the dark shadow's of the house, well that was until he heard clapping. His eyes opened and fell in the dollmaker sitting on the front row seat clapping his hands. He was wearing simple beige colored pajamas, the lantern next to his feet on the ground, the fire moving slowly in its case.

"My perfect doll, so beautiful," Taehyung said and stood up walking to the end of the stage. He extended a hand to the other, smiling when Jimin took it and let the man help him down the stage safely.

"I'm sorry if i woke you"

"don't worry, i was already awake"

"oh.." Jimin looked down, seeing a small bobble in his pant's pockets. He remembered the key he had put inside. "i spoke to doll yesterday"

"I don't want to hear anything about it," Taehyung said sternly. clearly not having any of that,

"but.."

"no, you will not say a word about her to me. or I will remove your legs" taehyung frowned. this startled jimin who took a step away from the man, he won't actually do that..right? The dollmaker had a dark look on his face. not meeting the doll's eyes but staring outside at the night sky. some moonlight shitting his face and reflecting in his pretty eyes.

"O-okay...i'm sorry" jimin fiddled with his fingers feeling very nervous all of the sudden. "y-you.." he shook his head to steady his voice. "you said you were already awake? how come?"

"i was doing something" taehyung said and turned to look at his precious doll. walking closer noticing the other had distanced himself. "but nothing to worry yourself over" he smiled and placed a hand on the doll's cheek feeling the almost sand like painted texture. then feeling the doll's hair and lips. "so perfect.."

jimin thought of what taehyung said, something not to worry myself over? What could that be? The doll got curious to know what the other was doing so late at night. "Why can't I know what you were doing?"

"It's not something for you, now. go to your room okay. I have things to do. i won't be able to focus knowing you are wandering the house alone at this time" taehyung knew the dolls were more active at night and he cant let them damage his precious Jimin. because that will anger him. He wasn't oblivious of it all, he just didn't want to remove his life work of dolls. only..that wasn't really the actual reason he didn't want jimin around now...

"Okay, goodnight. please sleep soon too," Jimin said before walking away. Taehyung followed the boy to the stairs watching him go up and waited for the doors of the bedroom to close again/ only then he took the stars down to his work room. closing the door quietly behind him. The dollmaker sat down behind his desk looking at the book in front of him. some of the papers were coming off, many were tainted and discolored in yellow tints. but the drawings and writings were more than clear to read and see. on the front of the book was the familiar stamp he had seen so many times in his life. the stamp of the kim family. more specifically, the stamp of mr. Kim...

-

The next morning Jimin stood in front of his window watching the run rise up. finally it was morning, finally life in the house. Finally he can walk around without being alone. He had actually living people to hear and see. not only spirits following him. He can ignore it better in daylight. He looked forward to seeing Sunhee again. He had some questions about 'doll' for her. she might be willing to talk if taehyung wasn't. As soon as the sun was in the sky giving her orange warm light over the forest, Jimin left the window and went to his table sitting down on the stool. his hands reaching for the box in the middle. He will check it each morning, and he hasn't forgotten it. He opened the lid, seeing the beating heart. He watched it for a long time, taking in each beat it gave. it was almost as if he could hear it....wait... he did...he did hear it. Jimin tilted his head confused, but then leaned closer. there came a sound from the heart. little tinkles...."oh?" he said and lifted the box holding it against his ear to hear it more clear. he could really hear it, it sounded like a music box was coming from the inside of the box. "what?" He didn't understand this at all. He just put the box down. He probably was just imagining things. He wasn't very stable so it won't be surprising if he was imagining things.

Jimin sighted, shaking his head at himself and was about to close the lid when he noticed something else. the heart changed, it had dark areas. it wasn't a lot but it definitely wasn't there last time jimin saw it. there were black areas on there with lines. I almost looked like an infection. Immediately Jimin got worried for the other and closed the small chest rushing out of his room.

---

thank you for reading again! im glad people are even reading this lmao. sometimes i make the weirdest stories ahahahaha. but i like writing different things, i have just such a weird brain that i need to release somewhere. why not do it on wattpad and let other enjoy my weird brain and fantasies👀👌

i will se you in the next update!

🌼🌼🌼