seven

"Mum's making us go to Doncaster to visit Mark's grave." Louis rolled his eyes.

"When?" Harry asked, glancing up from his notebook.

"We have tickets for a boat in two days."

"Wait, when will you be back?" Harry closed his notebook, turning in his chair so he could properly look at Louis who was lounging on Harry's bed, casually rolling joints.

"Hopefully by the end of the week. Depending on the next boat." Louis shot him a timid smile.

After they got back from the cave later that evening, Anne had ordered pizza. When it arrived, Louis got the door and immediately grabbed Harry's hand and they both ran out the back door and down the street when they saw that the waitress who served them earlier that evening, was delivering their pizza now. After an hour after hiding out at the junkyard, they both returned to their respective houses, forgetting about the pizza.

A few hours later, it was 1 am and Harry decided to bleach Gemma's hair. So they sat in Gemma's bathroom with the small window open and the fan on, watching Shameless as Harry carefully lathered the horrid smelling bleach onto Gemma's head.

"Did you have fun hooking up with Louis when you two ran off?" Gemma asked.

"Very funny," Harry said flatly.

"What about every other time you weren't home?" Harry nearly dropped the application brush, his stomach suddenly feeling uneasy. "Chill out, bro." Gemma chuckled. "I'm just messing with you."

"Y-Yeah, I know."

They both went silent for a moment before Gemma spoke again. "Are you going to hurt yourself when I move out?"

Harry hummed. "Probably, yeah.. I'm probably going to hurt myself, I don't know how though, but yeah probably."

Gemma sighed in frustration. "See, Harry, this is why I don't talk to you, because the one thing I know is, you're not going to take life seriously."

"Everyone is going to die someday, I just like living life to the fullest which means trying and doing everything. Even if that means overdosing and nearly dying and going to rehab and then nearly dying again." Harry smiled at Gemma through the mirror and pulled off his gloves, throwing them in the bin.

Gemma stared at him in shock and rolled her eyes. "You're so dark. Are you sure you're not from the DC universe?"

"Maybe." Harry grinned and wrapped Gemma's hair up with plastic wrap and exited the bathroom, breathing in the fresher air and sitting on her bed, continuing to watch Shameless on her laptop.

Gemma joined him shortly and they continued to watch the next episode in which Carl and Debbie were fighting over Carl's girlfriend.

An episode later, Gemma got up to go and wash the bleach out, and Harry fell asleep.

***

this part sucks ass lol.. whatever

"Harry!"

"Gemma? What's wrong?"

"I don't know!" Gemma shook Harry's shoulders. "Harry, wake up."

"Gemma, what's happening?" Anne wandered into the room, her eyes puffy with sleep.

"Christ, mum, I don't know!"

Anne's eyes widened as she took in the scene unfolding. Harry was sweating profusely and his whole body was trembling. They had both seen this before, but never this bad.