• 1 •

It was four in the afternoon when the doorbell rang and immediately a grin spread across my face. That must be Edward's friends.

Excited, I put my phone on the bedside table and got off the bed to walk to my door. I opened it slowly, spying through the little slit. I could see Edward walking down the stairs, so I opened the door wider and followed him on tiptoes until I reached the top of the stairs.

As I looked down, I was met with Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis. Louis - looking as good as ever. His hair were styled into a light quiff and he wore black skinny jeans with a dark green sweater. So simple, but so good.

I watched as he placed his adidas bag on the ground and handed my brother a wrapped box - probably a birthday gift. I bit my lip at the sight. I had invited some of my friends too to my birthday last month but no one came. Edward was so lucky to have these lads as friends. They were pretty, had a good humour and they even brought him presents for his birthday! I wish my friends would have done that.

While Edward probably thanked Louis for the gift, the other three boys talked to each other. They have brought bags with them too since they were going to stay the night. I was a little excited but also scared. A whole night with so many people around me. In my own home. At least I would sleep in my own room while the others slept in Edward's room.

After I got a little lost in thought, I looked down again to see that Edward now held four presents in his hands and they were casually chatting with each other. Their plan was to go the funfair and then come back to have a sleepover. They are probably going to have so much fun while I was going to stay in my room and watch some Netflix since today was Saturday and I didn't have any homework.

A loud noise caught my attention and as I looked closer I could see the boys walking up the stairs. My eyes widened and I turned around to run to the still open door of my room. Once I was in, I pulled the door close with a loud bang and shrieked. I didn't want to do it so loudly.

Oh no. Now I was certainly going to get in trouble.

I jumped onto my bed and pulled out the book I was currently reading from my drawer. Without further thought I turned to a random page and got into a comfortable position to make it seem as if I had been lying here for a few minutes already.

Just as I finished getting under the blankets, the door was ripped open and in came Edward with flaring nostrils. I flinched and tried to scramble closer to the headboard but I was already half leaning against it.

"Did you sneak around in my room? You know that you are not allowed to go in there" he boomed and walked towards my bed. I cowered into myself and shook my head. "N-No I wasn't! I promise!".

My breath picked up as I looked into his eyes. They were raging. "Fucking hell!" he yelled and turned around to close the door.

A relieved sigh left my mouth. Edward could be so scary. He has never hit me but I was always afraid that he would start to, since he had extreme anger issues.

I let the book slip out of my hands and figured I was going to get something to drink from downstairs while the boys put their bags in Edward's room.

Loud voices boomed through the door as I walked past it, so I sped up my walking. I didn't want Edward to see me again so I almost ran. When I reached the stairs, I tripped but was able to hold onto the railing. The voices stilled down. "What was that?" I heard someone saying.

I pulled myself up again and proceeded to go downstairs but was met with my Mum standing at the bottom of the stairs with a worried look on her face. "Are you okay?" she asked.

I nodded and let out an awkward laugh. "Yeah, just tripped"

"If you say so" she said but eyed me up and down. Twice.

"It was nothing Mum" I answered with a roll of my eyes and went into the kitchen. I pulled a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with tap water. Right then, I heard people coming down the stairs. I felt my body tensing immediately and focused on keeping my eyes down.

"Hey guys, are you ready to go?" I heard my mum asking them. Afterwards, all I heard were many different voices at once.

"Did you think about what I asked you to?" Mum suddenly said. What does she mean?

"Mum, how often do I have to tell you? It's not my fault the loser's friends didn't show up to his birthday! I mean, look at him! He deserved it!" Edward suddenly shouted. Although I was used to his mean words, I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Then, mumbling again.

I hadn't realised that my glass had been empty for minutes already and all I did was holding it while staring at the kitchen tiles until I heard my name being shouted. I took a deep breath and put the glass down, then walked out of the kitchen slowly until I was met with the five guys at the door and my mum.

"Hey Harry" I heard Louis say and looked up to him. My whole body was filled with nervousness. I have always had an eye for Louis but I am not sure if you could call it a crush. "H-Hey Louis" I answered, without intending to stutter of course.

Suddenly, my mum swatted my bum lightly and pushed me towards the stairs.
"Come on, get ready. The boys are taking you with them".

My face lit up instantly. "Really?" I asked and made a step forward to wrap my arms around my older brother and hug him tight. "Thank you so much" I whispered.

He patted my shoulder and said: "Yeah, yeah. C'mon, hurry up"