Part 6: Invite

After her stomach started hurting from laughing over the amusing anecdotes Jun had relayed to Kat, about the fashion industry and its secrets, Katherine realized she had spent a lot of time in the main hall, devoid of any light sources which would have otherwise told her about the dusk being already departed by an hour.

She was yet again late in going home and hurriedly got up.
"I must go now.
I took way lot of your precious time Jun."

"perhaps not.
I enjoyed your company more than my loneliness in this big mansion.
It is mine, but it doesn't feel like."

"why do you feel so?"

"It is whenever I arrive at this estate, the lady moves away from this House along with her daughter and Wonwoo, too leaves to reside at Mingyu's house.
I feel like I should stop coming here.", he slightly frowned at his words which was probably the first serious moment of his day.

After a few seconds of silence, Kat said,"Then allow me to give you company from time to time

"Then allow me to give you company from time to time.
But today unfortunately, I have to leave. I've stayed long enough."

"Sure, I'd love to spend my time with you keeping me company.
I wouldn't have stopped you from going if it was until an hour ago.
You see, recently we hear news of ravaging wolves in the area.
My chauffeur spotted one a fortnight ago on his way home.

I'd advise you to keep me company for another day, and surely I will arrange for your departure tomorrow morning miss."

Kat didn't have the luxury or courage to take such a risk. She mentally punched herself for not keeping a check on the clock beforehand.

"Then please pardon my stay for another night."

"It is of great pleasure to me."

The two felt a strange tingling sensation in their hearts which they chose to bury inside.
The luxury of spending a night together again, somewhere excited the insides of the two...that was until a letter arrived in the name of Katherine.
It had arrived earlier in the daytime, but Jun had ordered the servants to not interrupt him with official matters like letters for the day.
The man had wished to spend his day only in the presence of the young woman.

Kat opened the letter addressed to her by her sister.

"Dear Kat,
The news of yours being safe and sound at Wonwoo's house has deeply relished me. I was loosing sweat over you ever since father's letter about your absence fell in my hands.
I'm sure you still haven't sent a letter back home telling your whereabouts, so I did it. Worry not, because I'm perfectly in good spirits too. In fact, to rejoice my recovery Mingyu is planning to hold a small scale ball at his mansion while in my presence.
So I want to ask you to tarry a day more, believing that the day of the Ball would most certainly be day after tomorrow. And dress well my dearest, you may find the love of your life at one of these occasions.
Yours lovingly,
Jess"

The letter ended rather in a funny manner which made Kat chuckle giddily, forgetting that another gaze was steadily stuck upon her figure gleaming in warm lights under the chandelier.

"Well, it looks like Mingyu is hosting ball very soon and I'll have to go there again.", she told the clueless person.

"Grand news. I wish I could be a part of it too.", Jun frowned.

"Of course you can be.
It's a couples thing.. And I'd love to be partners with you."

"Really?", Junhui's eyes lit up with delight on hearing her words.

"Then you can stay here until the day of the Ball.
Mingyu's estate is at a closer distance from mine.
It's be a waste to go back home, just to come here again.", Junhui stood up with joy shaking his hands in a childish manner.

This made Kat chuckle because the dealer was too adorable to turn down.
.
.
After the designated time of await, the day of the Ball finally showed up.

"Good morning princess", a man gently opened the curtains of Kat's room.
She was provided with a seperate room since she stayed for longer.
The room was unbelievably neat and tidy, along with a study table and Minimalistic paintings on the wall.
It had a serene vibe to it.
Although awkward, it was more comfortable for her to sleep around Junhui, rather alone.

"Yess Good morning king", she felt shy at being addressed with a nickname, but the moment Kat stretched her arms and opened her mouth wide in order to yawn, her breath hitched to see a strange sight right next to her.

Wonwoo had showed up out of the blue. That too in her bedroom.

"Honestly, I'm flattered by the way you addressed me as King

But seriously, does Jun call you princess?"

"You.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BEDROOM??"

"sitting mostly...
And technically, it's my bedroom and you are invading."

Oh crap, she thought.
After minutes of silence, Wonwoo got up,
"I'm just here to grab my clothes for tonight"

After a moment's silence, he cleared his throat,
"Actually i came here to appolog-"

"IS THAT DROOL ON MY PILLOW?

OH MY GOD, I WILL LITERALLY SUE YOU WOMAN!!"

"No no", Kat proceeded to rub the drool with her sleeve.

"NO WAY MAN, THROW MY WHOLE BED AWAY MADAME SUZY", he hollered and left the room hurriedly.

After the sound of him walking on wooden floor faded away, another pair of feet entered the room.
"Why is he even here?
I've never seen him during my stay at this house, but this time, it's been twice already.", Junhui handed Kat a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

"He says he came to grab his outfit for tonight."

"But that's the thing, you know he could buy tonnes with all that money."

"well maybe he adopted frugality."
They both chuckle.

"By the way... Outfit reminds me..
PLEASE LET ME DO YOUR MAKEOVER
I want to show my skills to you, and I promise you would look stunning tonight.", Jun clasped his hands in excitement.
.
.
By the time they went down the hall, Wonwoo had left, probably without grabbing his clothes.
.
.