Chapter IV

Hermione's POV

Once they had their schedules they stood in a group outside the office. "Did you see the vampires?" Hermione muttered. Getting nods and mumbles of agreement she continued. "One of them can read minds. I could feel it." Draco glanced up.

"Yeah wasn't very subtle about it either. Kept prodding. And whats with the human that was with them? She looked pretty close to good old Mr Broody." At that we all looked up, staring at him strangely. "What! Didn't you see the looks he was giving? I'd bet anything he's the mind reader."

Luna nodded. "Yes they had an aura around them. He softens up when he interacts with the human. The other two are close friends. The Amadigger's told me." This caused everyone to transfer their gazes to Luna before Hermione cleared her throat and went back to her schedule.

"Right. Anyway, let's see who has classes together." It turned out that Hermione had 1st with Draco, Ginny and Luna. 2nd with Neville and Ron. 3rd with Ginny. 4th with Draco, Harry and Ginny. They all had lunch. 5th with Luna. 6th with Neville and Draco.

Hermione, Ginny, Luna and Draco went to find trig while Harry, Ron and Neville searched for history.

When they arrived at trig Hermione immediately spotted the two vampires in the back and by the looks off it the others had too. Unfortunatley Mr Varner made them introduce themselves.

"I'm Hermione Granger." Hermione said, her british accent causing some of the boys to stare at her.

"Draco Malfoy." Draco drawled the words, his usual smirk on his face. Hermione swore she could see some of the girls start swooning and rolled her eyes. Hermione took note of the way the pixie looking vampire was looking at Draco. The honey-blond beside her had a knowing smirk on his face.

"Hi! I'm Ginny Weasley!" Ginny announced brightly, her confidence seeping through. Actually the only person Hermione had ever seen shy around was Harry when she had her crush on him.

"I'm Luna Lovegood." Luna said in her dreamy voice, looking, as usual, as if she had simply floated in.

The group of four were sent to the remaining desks at the back, the only others in the row being the vampires. "Please don't make me sit with Weaselette or Loony." Draco begged in her ear. Hermione chuckled, lightly hitting his arm.

"Don't be mean." Ginny and Luna did end up sharing a desk while Draco and Hermione took the one next to them. 

Draco looked at the textbook. "What is this rubbish?" Hermione rolled her eyes and quietly explained it's similarities to arithmancy. Both were unaware of the vampires watching them from the next desk.

When class ended Hermione split up with the others, meeting Ron and Neville on the way to History. This time, the teacher wasted no time with introductions, sending Hermione to sit next to the honey-blond vampire and the boys to sit at the empty desk in front.

Hermione slid into the seat next to him, slightly cautious, taking out a pen and notebook while she waited for the teacher to start. "Hello. I'm Jasper Hale." His smooth voice surprised her slightly, as she turned to look at him. There was no denying that he was gorgeous, his honey-blond hair slightly wavy, falling to just above his collar. Golden eyes standing out against his flawless, pale skin. Hermione could also detect a slight accent. Maybe southern? He smirked slightly, clearly knowing she was checking him out and she blinked looking away slightly as a faint blush rose to her cheeks.

"Hermione Granger." She replied, spotting Neville and Ron glancing back at her out of the corner of her eye. He nodded as the teacher called for class to start and turned her attention back to the front of the room.