"we need to do something" the Hufflepuff hissed and Theodore slowly reached over and placed his hand on her own to try and comfort her, knowing that Sirius Black had meant a lot to her, after all after he and Mattheo first met in the room of requirement and were sucked into the past to see Emily Barnes and her friends; to say that, that had been the last time they did it, would be a lie.

The pair had watched multiple of Emily's memories with her friends and even a blind person would have been able to see how much Emily cared for Sirius, James, Remus and Peter. The four of them were best friends... But Sirius, James and Emily were attached at the hip, you never saw one without the other two.

"What we need," said Dumbledore slowly, and his light blue eyes moved from Kirra to Theodore to Harry to Hermione, "is more time." 

"But —" Hermione began. And then her eyes became very round. "OH!" 

"Now, pay attention," said Dumbledore, speaking very low, and very clearly. "Sirius is locked in Professor Flitwick's office on the seventh floor. Thirteenth window from the right of the West Tower. If all goes well, you will be able to save more than one innocent life tonight. But remember this, the four of you: you must not be seen. Miss Granger, you know the law — you know what is at stake... You — must — not — be —seen." 

Dumbledore had turned on his heel and looked back as he reached the door. "I am going to lock you in. It is —" he consulted his watch, "five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck."

"Good luck?" Harry repeated as the door closed behind Dumbledore.

"Three turns? What's he talking about? What are we supposed to do?" Kirra asked the female Gryffindor in confusion. But Hermione was fumbling with the neck of her robes, pulling from beneath them a very long, very fine gold chain, "Is that a time turner?" she asked in amazement

Theodore and Kirra stepped forwards to get a better look at the device, Theodore seemed to be in a trance as he looked at the object, having read so much about it, "I've never actually seen one in real life before" the Slytherin muttered.

"Harry, come here," Hermione said urgently. "All of you. Quick!" Kirra, Theodore and Harry moved toward her, completely bewildered. She was holding the chain out. Kirra saw a tiny, sparkling hourglass hanging from it. P

"Here —" She had thrown the chain around their necks too. "Ready?" she said breathlessly, the Hufflepuff and the SLytherin nodded their heads towards the girl

"What are we doing?" Harry said, completely lost. Hermione turned the hourglass over three times. The dark ward dissolved. Kirra had the sensation that she was flying very fast, backward. A blur of colors and shapes rushed past her, her ears were pounding, she tried to yell but couldn't hear her own voice — And then she felt solid ground beneath her feet, and everything came into focus again — 

They were standing in the deserted entrance hall and a stream of golden sunlight was falling across the paved floor from the open front doors. 

Harry looked like he was going to be sick, "Hermione, what —?" 

"In here!" Hermione seized Kirra and Harry's arms, Kirra quickly grabbed Theodores wrist as Hermione dragged them across the hall to the door of a broom closet; she opened it, pushed them inside among the buckets and mops, then slammed the door behind them. 

"What — how — Hermione, what happened?" 

"We've gone back in time," Kirra whispered, as Hermione grabbed the chain and began lifting the chain off Harry's, Kirra's and Theodore's necks in the darkness. 

Hermione nodded her head, "Three hours back..." 

"But —" Harry started, causing Theodore to roll his eyes in annoyance