| chapter four. |

Start from the beginning

Yanagi sat in his chair, leaned back against it, and stared blankly at Kiyoko, who handed him a muffin for him to try. "What do you think?" she inquired.

"It's delicious as usual," he commented, his face expressionless, but Kiyoko still smiled a little. They've been doing small activities like this since they were in their first year. And ever since Yanagi's accident, she had missed this moment. Just the two of them, with a little snack with them.

Yanagi was leaning against the window next to his seat, his gaze so focused on his tablet screen that he didn't notice the volleyball manager standing in front of him. "Yanagi."

The boy looked up and at the girl, who also had a flat expression on her face. "Here," Kiyoko presented him with a lunchbox stuffed with apple pies in front of his face. Yanagi didn't say anything; he just looked at the pie, then looked at her again, puzzled.

"I want you to taste it," she explained, her voice lower than usual. The dark gray-haired teen raised an eyebrow, surprised and perplexed by his manager's actions, but accepted the mini pie without saying anything.

"Delicious," he commented after taking one bite.

"Okay," she nodded then walked away, leaving Yanagi staring at her back in confusion.

That day, Yanagi did not expect that he would be surprised by the girl. And after that day, it continues and becoming their little routine. No one complained anyway.

Ah, come to think of it, Kiyoko was a little embarrassed to remember. She had no idea why she was suddenly going to Yanagi's class and telling him to taste her cake. But, at the very least, they grew closer. Oh no, please don't assume that she did that to get closer to him. No no, she clearly not. Don't misunderstand.

(lies)

As she was busy in her pretty mind, she suddenly stiffened and snapped out of her thoughts. Her mind was numb, feeling a calloused long fingers grazing on her thigh. Her thighs trembled a little as she shivered at the touch. "You're still wearing it."

Kiyoko opened her mouth and bit her lower lip. "I still don't have the courage to take it off," she replied slowly, her hand reaching out and gently grasping Yanagi's palm.

The boy hummed. "Take your time."

She gave him a small smile. "By the way, the first years. What are your thoughts on them?"

Raising his eyebrows, realizing that the girl was trying to divert the conversation, Yanagi leaned back in his chair and glanced at the sky with a look Kiyoko couldn't decipher. "Interesting."

○ ♚ ○

"Okay, practice is over. Please return home!" Ukai Keishin's scream echoed throughout the gym. Following that, they immediately cleaned up the gym while the coach had already left.

Yanagi picked up a nearby ball and stared at it for a moment before looking at the two first year who was about to get the mop. "Kageyama, Hinata," he called.

"Y-yes?!" They responded nervously. Their bodies stiffened and straightened immediately. Sweat dripped from Hinata's temples, and the teen apologized in his mind several times for the events of that day. Unlike Kageyama, who kept his usual poker face and tilted his head in confusion.

"Stay here with me," then he turned to Daichi. "Daichi!"

Daichi didn't say anything, but threw the gym key at him, which he caught casually. Yanagi then walked to the opposite side of the court and threw the ball in his hand at Hinata. "Show me your quick attack once more. I'm going to block it."