For one. You know how hospitals have different wings? This hospital is nothing but a hospital for children and babies. The first floor was the lobby, restrooms, waiting rooms, minor x-ray scans. The second floor was labor and delivery. It has the best rate for patient care when it comes to giving birth. It's 4.5 stars on google. You would have to know someone to be on the list and reserve a room for the month of your delivery. Even if you have a Premature child. Once you in you in.

The 3rd floor consisted of children's care. Basic flu screenings, colds, strep throats, or minor things are on one side. On the other side of this floor is extreme child care if the child is deadly ill. If the child is admitted. This is where they stay.

4th story is for employees only. Recreational room, call-in rooms, bathrooms with showers. And our very own kitchen away from the visitors and patients.

Today was my first day. And I was Beaming with excitement.

The hospital is open 24 hours a day. Seven days a week. Luckily, they gave me the morning shift from 6 am-4 pm. But here I was at 4 in the morning. Showering and getting ready for my day. I was wearing rugrats-themed scrubs. They hugged my body in the right places. I loved them. A woman I worked in residency with gifted me with these and a couple more that she had made. I was more than happy to wear them. They were just so fucking cute!

After that poor ass performance the other day. I had been giving Trey the cold shoulder. Not like he noticed cause he went on about his day like everything was good. Today he catches a plane back to where he had just come from. Honestly, I was more than ready for him to go.

I left a little early to get a loaded biscuit from Burger king. Sitting in the parking lot. I enjoyed my sandwich as I scrolled on TikTok. Occasionally laughing. When I looked back at my phone sitting in the passenger seat from putting my trash back in the bag. A call from Trey was coming through. Rolling my eyes. I declined it. He is not about to ruin my day.

I grabbed my things and got out of the car. Taking my time walking through the parking lot. It was beautiful and quiet despite the other cars parked along with mine. When I got to the glass doors my phone tinged from my pocket. I didn't even bother to check it.

The morning consisted of my training. It wasn't much since I was on the child floor today. It was smooth so far. After lunch, I'll be on my own.

-

My nerves were on go.

This was my first patient as a certified nurse. I was beyond excited. I even had a candy bag for the lucky kid. When I clocked back in. We were swamped. I grabbed the file from the nurses' station. Standing in the middle of the hall I scanned the folder quickly. When I was familiar with the patient I began to walk to the patient's room but was stopped when two guys in suits guarded the door.

They stepped aside as they saw me with the folder. I was confused looking up at their tall bodies with faces that held no emotion. I knocked on the door. Looking over my shoulder at the men who haven't moved a muscle. After the 4th knock, I walked in the room smiling. Shaking off my nerves.

"Hey, Ms. Thomas! How are you? " I greeted the young girl. She waved and smiled back showing her missing teeth. I looked at the extra chair to see a man in Brown Armani suit deep into his phone. With a natural scowl on his face. He haven't even noticed that I walked in. I spoke up anyways and "Mr. Thomas I assume? " I asked, being polite.

"Hey. Doctor. I'm Kamoria and that is my big head brother Khalan. " The young girl said, pointing her thumb at him while rolling her eyes. " He is always on his phone. " She smiled. " Am I okay? Google said I was going to die next week. " Kamoria sadly said with a pout on her face. She had pretty chocolate skin and long natural hair.