Chapter Sixteen- So long and Goodnight.

Gerard's POV:

I was surrounded in darkness with a sharp pain on my head and side. Sounds were muffled around me as I fought a battle to try and open my eyes. What happened?

Bob!

My eyes shot opened and I gasped for breath but the pain on my side was excruciating. I cried out in pain and put my hand on top of the pain causing just more. My hand felt warm with liquid and I took a glance to see blood. I gasped and looked around me on the floor to see blood everywhere. The baker was still laying on the floor but now three other bodies joined him. Panic took over me as I remembered Mikey walking in on Bob about to kill me, well, he didn't do a good job.

I sat up slowly, keeping pressure on my side and wincing. I had to see which one was Mikey. What about Ray!? I started crawling towards the nearest body, hoping to God that everyone was still alive. As I got closer I saw smashed glasses and felt sick. What if everyone was dead?

I finally reached the body and turned it over to see a beard. Bob. I couldn't make out the facial details because he was covered in blood but Bob was the only one here that had a beard. I saw a gash on his right cheek and neck and pushed him away quickly. 

I heard a groan come from the right side of me and tried to move as fast as I could over there. There might still be time to save them if they're critically injured.

"M-Mikey..." I stuttered out but as I got closer, the wet hair looked too much for it to be Mikey. I still approached Ray, he was my friend and he looked terrible. "Ray" I whispered holding his head from the floor.

"Y...You're hurt" He whispered smiling at me softly. "Don't bother with me" He shook his head weakly trying to get my hands off him. "Help yourself"

"No" I whispered examining his body. He had a huge cut just below his rib cage and it wouldn't stop bleeding. "Oh God...Ray..."

"Help Mikey" He croaked out and weakly pointed towards the shed door entrance near where I was. I raised an eyebrow and saw a foot just showing behind the door. "I'm sorry Gee"

"Sh, sh, don't be" I whispered letting him go. I wanted to stay with him, I really did but I needed to know if Mikey was okay. So, I stood up gritting my teeth through the pain and dragged myself towards the door. "Mikey..." I whispered going behind the door and dropping to my knee's. I could just see the dark outline of him. I placed a hand on him but he didn't move. "Mikey" I cried, my hands shaking with fear. "Please" I tried to get him to move but he just wouldn't. I grabbed him and held him tight to me, resting my cheek against his head crying. I could see an open wound on his head. My heart felt like it was crushed from the inside and was sending glass throughout my body, cutting me from the inside out. "Don't go"

"Gerard!?" I heard Frank shout from outside, he ran in and saw me crying. I couldn't look at him, I just had to hold my brother. "I...I...The ambulance is on it's way" He whispered then ran to Ray, helping him get comfy but Ray was quiet, far too quiet.

"I need you" I forced the words out and held him tighter. "God damn it Mikey I need you!" I screamed rocking back and forth with him. 

I felt a hand touch my shoulder, making me flinch and looked slowly to see Frank stand there staring at me sadly. 

"Let him go, Gee" He whispered, trying to soothe me but I refused. I couldn't let him go. This could be the last time I had him in my arms. "Gee" He said more firmly this time.

"He's my brother!" I screamed at him making him jump, why couldn't he just leave me alone with him? Frank sat down next to me and sighed. 

"You know, with the ambulance coming, this is the end. We'll be going away for good and the girls will be gone" He looked at me sadly and I nodded.

"I...I don't care. If it wasn't for me...Wasn't for this stupid plan I had then Mikey and Ray would still be alive right now!" I loosened my grip on Mikey and stared at his lifeless body. "He's my baby brother" My voice broke off at the end.

"I know" He whispered looking down. I slowly let go of Mikey and put him down on the floor, I used my jacket for a pillow for his head. 

"So long and goodnight brother" I kissed his forehead, letting tears drop onto it. Frank stood up and helped me stand, walking us out of the shed. I winced at the light hitting me and Frank stopped us both.

"You're bleeding Gee!" Frank gasped, "It looks bad!" He panicked and ran into the shed getting some bandages from the first aid kit and running back to me. I completely forgot about the pain, it was replaced by the pain of losing my brother and best friend. Before Frank could wrap me up, I fell to the ground. I had no power over my body, I felt weak. I knew that if I wasn't treated soon that I'd die and I was welcoming death. I didn't want to live without my little brother here, I couldn't. It was my fault he ended up like this. The guilt which was stuck inside of me was exploding, it felt like my ears and head were bleeding. If Mikey died, then I'd die to.