When Destiny Does It's Magic💚

Start from the beginning

"She's not my girlfriend" I say somewhat coldly. I felt uneasy. I don't know if it was because Rosy had been mentioned or because someone assumed that we were together or because He thought that she was my girlfriend.

"Oh sorry" He says. He sounds scared? I look at him and find the light that was in his eyes fading away.

"Enjoy your drink Sir!" He says trying to sound cheerful and turning away to go back. I hold his wrist to stop him from leaving. Apart from me I see a few other people in the bar and they already look busy talking with their friends so I assume that I could steal him for a couple of minutes before someone needs to order something again. 

"I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm sorry" I say and he smiles sending a signal to the butterflies in my stomach as they start fluttering. 

"It's okay sir. I shouldn't have said it anyways. My job is to serve you." He looks sad now. As if I had somehow managed to break his heart by my previous comment. 

"Please, drop the formalities. I'm...." 

"Bright yeah I know" he cuts me midsentence. 'How does he know my name?' I wonder. 

"You've been here many times, I just heard your friends call you that" He said probably noticing how confused I looked. I chose to ignore it.

"Where are the other workers today?" I asked changing the topic.

"The next slot starts at 9. Weekdays usually get busy after 9 so the full staff for the day will only be here by then. Most of them do this as a side job to get some extra cash so they come here after they finish their main jobs." He replied. 

"So do you work everyday from evening till midnight?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"Not exactly. I'm getting off in a bit so I'll come and answer your questions after that. I really need to get going now. I'm Win by the way" He said looking back at the bartender who was signaling him to comeback. 

"Sure! Maybe you could join me for a drink later. I could use some company tonight" He just smiled at what I had to say and got back to work. He said that the next timeslot started at 9 so he would probably be working till then. It was still 8.39 So I've got some waiting to do. 

I let my eyes follow him around as he goes to take and serve orders for other customers. He is well-built but a bit thinner than me. He looks a bit younger but could be around my age too. He had shiny black hair and eyes that sparkled in the bar lights. He was wearing a tshirt with the bar name jeans with an apron tied at the waist. 

As the crowd was starting to gather the band was replaced by a dj that was playing fast beat songs now, I see familiar faces of waiters who work at this bar walking through the door. 'He will be here soon' I tell myself.

It's already 9.15 when I finally see him walking my way. He has changed out of his work cloths. Still wearing the jeans from earlier he now wore a black tshirt that was fitting his body showing off his tight abdomen. 

"Is the offer still valid sir?" He asks in a teasing manner. 

"I was starting to think that you ditched me and left already" I said giving him a smirk. I was usually very awkward around strangers. But something about him made me want to let everything go. To block all my worries out and just live in the current moment with him, To get to know him. 

He sat across me and dropped his bag next to him. "I already ordered two whiskeys. I hope you didn't change your mind to drink something else instead" he says trying to break the ice. I've already finished my first mug so this would be my second.