Chapter 20

Chapter 20

        Lying in the sand under the sun, I closed my eyes, relaxing. Avery invited me to come tan with her since I had nothing to do. I agreed. A shadow suddenly appeared over me, blocking the sun.

        “Hey!” I exclaimed, opening my eyes and sitting up, only to find Isaac standing over me. Laughing slightly, he sat down next to me.

        “What are you doing here?” I asked as he kissed me on the cheek.

        “Avery invited me. Hey, did you hear? Kiana got sent to some rehab facility in California.” Avery and I sent each other a look as Isaac lied down, enjoying the sunshine. I looked down at him, debating on whether or not to tell him.

        Feeling a nudge in my side, I looked over at Avery who mouthed, “Tell him.” I nodded and lied down.

        “Hey, Isaac, I have something to tell you,” I began slowly. He made a sound, telling me to continue. “Remember that myth the Elders told us about? Well, I think I’m going to do it,” I stated. He sat up and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

        “You are?”

        I nodded, “The lunar eclipse is tomorrow night. It’s now or never.”

        The next day, the three of us set out, walking along the beach where I had gotten lost after the storm. We had left earlier, not wanting the eclipse to happen before we could find the cave. After walking for a couple of miles, I saw it, the big boulder I had fallen through. The sun had set, and the moon was out. I ran up to the boulder and felt around, hoping to find the opening. Finding it, I warned the other two to be careful before I slid down the slope. Getting to the bottom, I heard Avery yelp from hurting herself. When she landed at the bottom, she inspected her arm. There was a slight trickle of blood on it. I looked around the cave and noticed it looked exactly the same, except for the water. It was changing colors. The eclipse must be near.

        “Quick, someone go up and look at the moon,” I demanded, staring at the water.

        Isaac quickly climbed back up, and it was quiet for a moment before he shouted down to us, “It’s about to happen. Ten seconds at least!” After he slid back down to join us, we all watched the water as it glowed white.

        “This is it; touch it before it’s over Piper!” Avery announced.

        Slowly I reached my hand down to touch it. This time when my hand made contact, there was no zap, just warmth. I pulled my hand away as the light faded, the eclipse being over. Isaac and Avery stared at me as I looked at my hand.

        “Did it work?” Isaac asked. Shrugging, I looked up at Avery’s arm, which was still bleeding.

        “Avery, come here,” I insisted. Standing next to her, I put my hand on her wound and closed my eyes. When I opened them again, her wound was gone. Avery and I both gasped, and I turned to look at Isaac. “It didn’t work.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Well, this is the last  chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it! I'll be posting the first chapter to my new story either tonight or tomorrow night. I have work and then Dancing with the Stars is on, so most likely tomorrow night. 

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.