Chapter 8

Chapter 8

        After several more attempts, I still hadn’t been able to keep my legs, and I was tired and frustrated. “Okay, stop! I can’t do this anymore! I’m exhausted and really sick of you pushing me in the water,” I exclaimed as I dried off for the umpteenth time.

        “Do you want to be able to control it or not?” He shouted back at me.

        “Yes! Of course I do! But, telling me to focus and then only giving me a couple of seconds before pushing me into the water isn’t doing the trick!”

        “I only give you a couple seconds because when you’re out there, that’s all that it takes for water to leave its source and touch you, transforming you into something that’s been hidden from humanity for thousands of years!” Seeing his point, I stayed quiet.

        “Fine, but this is the last try for tonight,” I proclaimed. He nodded and put his hands up in surrender. I stood by the edge of the pool again as he came to stand behind me. Closing my eyes, I focused on my human form, and felt Isaac put his hands on my upper back. Concentrating hard, I hit the water as he pushed me in.

        I came back up for air and the first thing I saw was his smiling face, “You did it! You focused, and you kept your form!” Excited at my own progress, I looked down at my legs, kicking to keep me afloat. All of a sudden, I felt that familiar tingle and my tail appeared, wiping the smile from my face.

        “Damn it! I had that!” I said, disappointed. Laughing, Isaac helped me out of the water and bent down to my level as I dried off.

        “Well, at least I know what we’ll be working on next time,” he said as I cracked a smile. He helped me up and I walked over to where my stuff was, grabbing my clothes from off the floor.

        “Well, even though you were being a bit of a jerk, I would have to say that I enjoyed you being my teacher,” I told him as we walked out to our cars.

        He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets, “Yeah, I’m a bit of a hard-ass. Something you’ll get used to.” I nodded, and it was quiet for a moment.

        “Um, so should we meet here again? I’ve got work tomorrow until closing, but I’m completely free on Saturday,” I suggested.

        “Working on a Friday night? How terrible! I thought you’d be going out with the girls!” He mocked. I laughed, hitting his shoulder. “I’m just kidding. Saturday sounds great. In fact, I could stop by your house tomorrow, and we could hang out if you want to.”

        I nodded and it was quiet again, “Well, thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Not really knowing what to do now and feeling a little awkward, I quickly kissed him on the cheek before getting into my car. I could feel my face heating up as I pulled away from the spot, realizing what I had just done. When I looked back at him in the rearview mirror, I saw him look at me before getting into his own car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

*le gasp* she kissed him on the cheek! How racy! ;)

I'm trying to come up with a ship name for them Isaper? Isper? Let me know what you guys think.

Well, that's all for this note!

Story line and characters are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.