Haunted house

Kate Rory's P.O.V.

"Ugh! Why does this have to be so hard!"

I chuckle slightly at her antics, while finishing the fifth bag of licorice. As annoyed I also am, it still amuses me to see Sara transform into a child when faced with dificulties.

The current difficulty being our wedding, because we can't figure out where to elope to.

"Maybe we shouldn't elope?" I eventually suggest, running out of ideas. "Maybe we should just have a small party with the crew and get it over with."

I didn't realize how that sounded until I said it out loud and I heared it myself.

Sara definetly heard it. "Well, I'm sorry our wedding is such an inconvenience for you."

"No-" I swallow the rest of my sentence, realizing it'd be best to think before I speak. It's just been a very long day and we're both incredibly tired.

I lay down on our bed next to her, reaching for her hand while talking. "Look, I'm not marrying you so I can have a big, puffy wedding, I'm marrying you because I love you and I wanna spent the rest of my life with you."

A smile appears on her face, but it's quickly replaced by a deep sigh. "Okay, but then what do we do?"

I don't have to think much about that question. I simply throw all the wedding-planning junk off of our bed and pull the covers up over us. "We go to sleep."

"Yeah, sleep sounds good." I hear Sara sleepily reply, but I'm already somewhere in Neverland.

---

We picked up a stray today. Or more precisely, the stray snook on board. This stray's wearing a trenchcoat and a red tie. A ridiculous look, to be honest.

Me, Amaya, Nate, Leo and my brother are gathered on the bridge, while Sara enters with the man.

"Blimey." He says. "This is one hell of a jam jar you got here."

"I thought we gave the Englishman to the time pigs." My brother grunts.

"That was Rip. This is John Constantine." Sara tells us.

"Skinny Brit in a trench coat. Same thing."

But Constantine disagrees. "Oh, doubtfull, mate. You see, I'm an accomplished warlock, an expert of the occult and a master of exorcism."

He then turns to Lenny. "I'm also a Taurus for those of you taking notes." He tells him with a wink.

Lenny just smirks and averds his eyes. So Constantine turn to Amaya. "The Anansi Totem. That belongs to-"

Nate interrupts him. "Her granddaughter. Same totem, different Vixen. She's from 1942. You were saying about the warlock thing."

"Accomplished warlock, mate."

I roll my eyes. "One with an ego apparently."

At that he turns to me. "And who are you supposed to be, love?"

"Kate Rory and not your love."

He smirks and turns to Amaya again. "Well, I am charmed to know another one who bears the family name."

"It's an honor." She replies, shaking his hand.

Then Constantine averds his attention to Lenny. "So, what's your story then, handsome?"

"I'm from another earth." He says. "And I'm spoken for."

"Yeah, his girlfriend's a guy." Chucky grunts. "Anyway, this is too much for me. I'm gonna watch tv."