Chapter 8: Back to December ❄️

Mulai dari awal

"Girls?" Lisa knocks before entering, "how did we settle in?"

"Great, mom. Can we go on the boardwalk now?" Carly asks.

"That's why I came to get you guys." Lisa checks to make sure the water is running in our bathroom.

Chris comes out of no where from behind her.

"Mom! They aren't even using that bed!" He complains.

"They aren't, yet, honey." She pats his shoulder.

"I don't think they will, so Y/n and I can use that one right?.."

"Chris..." his mom begins the start of her lecture.

I am so embarrassed that Chris said it out loud, in front of his sisters, and his mom. Of course we'll just be sleeping together. But it still sounds weird, him saying it front of his family, maybe it's the teenager part of me.

She pulls him aside but Carly, Shanna and I can still hear them.

"Carly and Shanna will be next to us, nothing will happen!" Chris whispers.

"Honey. I know, I know you really like Y/n and you guys are dating - I know how it works, you always want to be near her and you think you're an adult."

"Mom! Shh! I haven't asked her yet."

"What? I thought you told me you were going to ask her once we landed."

"I was in the middle of asking her when Carly interrupted us." Chris replies.

"Oh, I'm so sorry honey, listen. We're all going to go out on the boardwalk and I'll make sure you have some alone time with Y/n? Alright."

"Thanks, mom." Chris smiles at her, "does this mean I can sleep in here tonight?"

"No."

"Okay."

Chris finally drops it.

The Evans sisters and I laugh slightly.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get your dad, and Scott and we'll be on our way."

It was around 8pm now, it was starting to get dark. Perfect time to go to the arcade and ride the carnival rides.

After getting all the Evans family rounded up. We headed out to the boardwalk, we all locked our rooms and made our way to the elevator.

Mr.Evans and Lisa were leading the way down the boardwalk. Scott, Shanna and Carly were behind them speaking about which rides they were going to go on.

I was in the back with Chris, he had his arm around me. And he was quiet.

The air was crisp, but the breeze was good. It felt nice, the air smelt like popcorn, cotton candy and ice cream.

"Having fun?"

"Yeah, a blast. I love being here with you and your family." I smile, looking up at him but he's not looking at me - he's looking ahead.

We finally reached the ticket booth, and Lisa hands us a handful of tickets to allow us to get on the rides.

"Shanna, Scott and Carly why don't you guys check out the bumper cars, while your dad and I get some sodas?"

They agreed and ran to get in line for the bumper cars.

"And you guys could maybe check out the Ferris Wheel?" Lisa, looks at Chris and I.