Hiring Spiderman. Part 2

Start from the beginning

We exchanged numbers and the silence during that was nice but also awkward. "I should probably get back to the kids. I am Spider-Man after all." He looks down at his red mask while he chuckles and looks back up to me as I nod. "Of course." I smile at him while his cheeks make the wrinkles besides his eye squeeze. In a cute way tho.

I look into those sparkling brown eyes before he pulls his mask back on his head, turning around and getting into his character again.

In a minute, well I could actually say 10 seconds,
I see my 3 best friends running slowly towards be with their mouth half open, trying not to yell out of happiness.

"Omg!! What just happened?!!" Chloé yells still quietly but really excited. "I guess Tom asked me out." I chuckle softly, not believing he actually did ask me out.

"Omg yes!!! When?" Quinn asked while she hopped on the counter. "Tomorrow.. I think we will talk about the time later." The smile that was printed on my face, would never leave.

"What did he suggest to do?" Lilah asked through Chloés and Quinns talking about how it will go, what I would wear and how my make up and hair will look.

"He said maybe lunch or just a simple walk."
I answer while the girls cheer at my answer.
I haven't been on a date in years so it will be exciting. I am excited. But also nervous.

"Okay so we have to go shopping." Chloé insisted of doing. I guess she forgot that we are at a party.
Not just a party. The birthday party of my 5 year old child.

"Oh yeah right. Uhm, we will go when they leave. When most of them are gone. Or just tomorrow morning!" She suggested again.

I would love to say yes. But I needed to stay here in case something would happen. It is my house after all. Plus even if we were going the next day, I still had Jamie.
-
Time flies and it's just the time before dinner. People started to leave and it was now time for Tom to go.

"Tomorrow still planned?" He asked me after he didn't talk to me because he was busy playing with the kids. "Yeah of course, here." I nodded and handed over a little card with my number.

Yeah I know I could've just asked for his number or let me typ in my number in his phone. I just thought it would be easier or something.

"Thanks. Also thank you for this party. You're son is awesome. His lucky to have a mum like you." He smiles charming at me as I answer him with a sure 'thanks.' Before he continues.

"I'll text you. Goodnight Yn." Again, I look into those sparkling brown eyes and smile back at his still charming smile. "Night." I reply before he turns around, walks away and I close the door.
-
As I read Jamie another book before bed, his eyes are getting tired. I put the small book with images and small texts away and kiss his forehead.

"Today was awesome. Thank u mummy." At these moments i'm the happiest. The time that I'm with my son. When he calls me mummy, he reminds me of how grateful I am for being a mum, for being his mom.

"Of course sweetie. I love you, night." I give him a soft pet over his tiny little head before I walk away and close the door.

————— ❁ —————

"What do you think of this?" Lilah holds an old pink jumpsuit up as the others compliment the cute little clothing item. But then they wouldn't be my friends if they will turn it down a minute later and already look for something else.