Chapter 30: We Met After Years

Start from the beginning

Our group of friends will only hear the news about Ryujin either from Yuna or her mother. She was really determined to stop getting involved with the motorcycle gang, and all of us understood that and left her alone, as what she wanted to do.

At that time, I wanted to tell Ryujin who Minho was. But I thought Ryujin would have guessed that Minho was my boyfriend.

"Ryujin, I'll go first," I said softly, with a really heavy heart.

Ryujin made eye contact and gave me a nod.

"Sure. Be careful, Yeddeong," she smiled, and my heart were already thumping really rapidly upon hearing the name that had left her mouth.

I pretended to look back shortly after leaving because I wanted to see Ryujin again. I then saw Ryujin speaking with the receptionist. Obviously, I was curious as to Ryujin's reaction to the unexpected encounter.

Does she thinks the same as what I was thinking? Is it the same way I'm feeling? I miss conversing with her like we used to. I miss hearing her words, which used to make me smile every time. Even as I was driving in my car, I felt like I had nothing else to think about but her at that moment.

"Ryujin is my friend," I said to Minho calmly, but you need to know that deep inside me was the sound of waves of longing.

A part of me actually refused when I said that she was my friend. At least, I wanted to say that Ryujin was my ex, but somehow, I didn't dare to say that to Minho.

"Where did you meet her?" Minho inquired casually as he turned his face towards me.

"We attended the same high school," I kept thinking in the ride if I'd ever get another chance to see her.

So, I've decided to return to Minho's office tomorrow in the hopes of seeing her again. But that day was Ryujin's last day dealing at Minho's office, though. My mind is flooded with questions for Ryujin.

Do you know where I went after we left the birthday party? I went to Minho's workplace in the hopes of meeting Ryujin. At actuality, only two people remained in the office, both of whom were security guards. I told them I was looking for a woman named Ryujin and gave them some of her characteristics. They also claimed that Ryujin had left. I was immediately let down.

I assumed Ryujin would have gone straight to her house because it was the last day she will be at Minho's office. Ryujin had previously stated that she disliked using the bus. So, at the moment, I was certain Ryujin would take the train home. I didn't waste any time and headed straight to the train station, which is conveniently close to Minho's office.

I did everything I could that day to meet Ryujin. I sought for Ryujin when I arrived at the railway station. I'm hoping to see her. I went to the departure information board right away. I'm running late by 20 minutes.

I was sitting on a train station bench, alone. I wasn't sure if I did the proper thing at that time. I didn't want to know, yet I can't stop myself from wanting to see her. All of my memories came in at once, overwhelming my emotions.

That night, I dialled Yuna's number from my home. My purpose was to inquire about Ryujin and her progress, despite the fact that it was a little awkward because it had been a long time since I had called them due to my hectic schedule. We talked about several things before suddenly Yuna said something that caught me off guard.

"Ryujin is here."

"Oh."

"She said that you guys met just now."

"Oh, yes we did."

"And it happened at Minho's office."

"Yes." I sighed.