ˣᶦ⋅

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❑▧✃ ༘

jinhee continued to stare at her closet's door. her eyes continued to shift from her phone to her ceiling and back to her closet, being bored as fuck. she tossed and turned under her blanket until she turned herself into a living burrito. it feels weird for her to have more time in her hands as usually, she'd be chilling by the call room back at the hospital with her fellow family friends who were on duty. and the thing is, it has only been a week since she arrived home.

her family was indeed glad that their eldest would finally take time to rest, they were glad they wouldn't have a dead soul by their kitchen counter impatiently waiting for a second round of coffee that day. even her own brother felt new now that he sees his sister more at home rather at school, (they occasionally take lunch together). 

within the week after her arrival, all she could recall was the sudden mall maze, family dinners ranging from her dearest relatives and family friends, and lastly seeing her father sneak into the kitchen for more kitkats while he was working. jeno on the other hand, was enjoying every minute away from his desk because in less than two months he'd be swarmed with pesky drawing plates and those girls. 

and did you think jinhee tried to set plans with her friends too? kinda, they were all busy for the next two weeks with their own part-time jobs, her closest friend– chaewon, was currently in the states, again. (a/n: im sorry but where's my barista readers at- [disappears])

so there she was. on her bed, fiddling her small speaker, blasting of whatever her playlist shuffled. she scrolled along her contacts debating whether she'd annoy the shit out of her brother or haechan, until she remembered her morals and leave them alone to enjoy their cinema date. 

she also tried to speak to her her family's dear friend— kun, the owner of a few stores under his brand and that barber she used to help out when she was younger. but kun knew his niece very well so he purposely ignored jinhee's call followed by sending a  "you start next week, sweetie. now have fun!"

she sat up from her lying position as she finally walked over to her closet, rummaging through her stuff. she took out a small blank canvas and its easel. she set up the small stand on her desk as she scanned through her paints and she left the room right after. coming back with clean brushes in hand, she sat down on her own gaming chair and set up her references, a snippet of the sky from her flight. 

she carefully placed semi-generous amounts of her selected paints on her palette, almost forgetting the basic rule of spacing them out. she took her flat brush and she finally dipped it into the pretty white paint. she continued to play and mix her colors for a bit, trying to get herself into her own zone. 

and her focus started right after she made the first paint stroke. the blank canvas slowly started to disappear into a pretty shade of flamingo every time her brush stroked the canvas. 

jinhee felt relaxed being back in her expertise. the sight of her now messy palette while her soft playlist continues to run in the background. her hair slowly drapes over her shoulder as the cool air of her AC continued to graze her exposed skin. 

the smiles at her current progress, the picture slowly coming together. this time, she didn't care if the artwork exactly copied the reference. 

she focused on having fun, and she was.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

henlo! and it's gdragon day! and ofc, it's the author's bday as well, hehe weep woop!

thank you as well for the constant votes and comments ever since i released startle —n.jm  i never got this much recognition in a while. like, the last time a few people actually waited for updates was backdated 2018, and this book hasn't turned a month old yet but the progress 💪

 and i see it as a gift from you guys so ily and i really hope you'd stick by me, jinhee, and the rest of the gang until we finish this shitty book<3

i also thank nct for blessing august with so much things as well ! stream pmn and lowlow! and ofc, i hope you're all fine and i hope you'd have an amazing day/night wherever you are <33

don't forget that vote and i welcome comments!