A realization of reality

Depuis le début

    His tone... had some brightness in it today, did something happen today that made him act the way he did.

    I have known Tomioka-San for a good amount of time now... it's incredible how much you can learn about a person by just observing, but Tomioka-San is an exception, I can't learn anything about him. No matter how hard I tease him to say something, he replies in the same tone with the same face. However... today, something was different about him... he still had that same face, but his tone... I felt some happiness in it. He truly is a mysterious person.

   I start walking to the butterfly mansion, but the words... "you... Koch," continued to bother me. He's a complicated person that I can't seem to learn anything about him. Why did his voice seem bright today... wait... he was talking about me... was he happy to see me...? I feel my face heating up as I thought about it. Why do I feel so interested in him... he said 2 words that won't leave my mind. He's like a complicated poem, anything he does is confusing. I try my best to forget what he said.

"Tomioka-San... you are a mysterious person..."

I sigh and I start running back to the butterfly mansion.

Giyuu POV
I arrived at headquarters. It was certainly weird seeing it again after all these years .... but seeing it did further help me realize I am in the past. I have also noticed that my right arm is back, I didn't notice it before because I stopped using it because it was cut off during the battle versus Muzan.

I head inside headquarters to meet Master. My crow informed me I was called here for something. Possibly a mission I thought to myself but I don't know what it will be. But that I hear a little girl speak:

"Please wait here, my father will be with you shortly"

It was one of the masters daughters. I do as I was told and I sit down and wait for Master to arrive. As I wait, I start to question my surroundings and period. Some questions that kept distracting me were: "How far back did I go ?" Or "What age am I currently at this time?" Or "What's the date and year ?"

I process all these questions in my head and I slowly start to analyze them. I know that Kocho is Hashira since I ran into her ... so this had to be after her sister's death. I got my arm back... so it has to be before the battle vs Muzan. That's all I could take away from the sense of information I have gotten so far.

I continued you to think about the current situation I am in but then -

"Nice to see you, my child "

It was master. It's a voice I haven't heard in a long time but then again... neither have I heard from the other hashira. His voice did create a comforting feeling in my body, as my mind continues to get used to the reality I have suddenly found myself in the past.

"Nice to see you too, master," I say

"I have summoned you because of a mission that I need to have you go on"

I reply "I will do as you say, master."

"There has been a high-ranking demon spotting in the mountains of Kumotori," oyakata-sama says with a worried tone.

Kumotori mountain? That's Tanjiro's home! Is this perhaps the mission where I first meet Tanjiro and Nezuko?

"Please be careful my child and good luck with your mission"

"I will, thank you, master," I say

I then take my leave. I was assigned to the missions in the Kumotori mountains. This was the area Tanjiro lived in. Perhaps it's that mission I thought to myself. Then I realize how if it is the mission where I first meet Tanjiro, tanjiro's family was slaughtered. Knowing this, I immediately start rushing towards my mission because if this truly is the past I can save the people I wasn't able to.