August 29th 2021 | y/n

Start from the beginning

"What do I wear?" I ask normally. He laughs and spins in his chair. "Never mind. Forget I asked." I pull out a flowy dark red dress and a tighter dark blue one. "No, no, I'll help you!" He tries to stop wheezing.

I take a black skirt and a purple blouse with a v neck. I grab a graphic t-shirt and straight-legged jeans and set the four outfits out. "So?" Dream calls. I groan and grab the red dress. "One minute." I sigh.

I clip on a real bra and change from sweats into the dress. I prop my phone up on my desk. I hesitantly turn my camera on and walk back.

The dress makes it to the middle of my knees and it cinches at the waist. There are slight flower-like folds around the bottom of the skirt and the top of my chest. "What do you think?" I ask him.

"It's pretty, do you have anything else?" I bend down and grab the shirt and jeans. I walk over to my closet and change. I tuck in the shirt and put on a brown belt. I walk back over to my phone.

"A little casual for a party, don't you think?" He smirks. I roll my eyes. "Shut up, I said get together." I move my hands to my hips. Still not impressed with my lie, he convinces me to change again.

I walk back to my closet, with the skirt and blouse combo this time. I change into it and look at myself. The purple sleeves reach my elbows, while the skirt only makes it a little past mid-thigh. I walk back out.

I tuck in the front of the blouse and look up to the camera. "It doesn't really go but-"

"No, it's nice." He says wholeheartedly. I smile and move my hair to my back. "But you prefer the dress?" I ask, already knowing the answer. "Yeah.." He chuckles. I turn around to look at the last dress. "What kind of party is this anyway? Like seriously?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Knowing my friend, probably lively, but I may be wrong." I'm not wrong. It's even clear in my voice that I don't believe that. I look at the blue dress I've set out. "Anything else?"

"Well, I don't- I- Well... Yeah.." I grab the dress and walk to the closet. I pull the blouse over my shoulders. I then slide the skirt off and pull the dress over my head. I look at myself.

Plain and blue. Complimenting whatever curve I may have. It makes it to the middle of my thigh, just barely. I straighten it out the best I can. Trying to elongate it the most it can be. I step out of the closet and over to the camera's view.

I smile and play with my hair. "Uh- I'm just- Are you comfortable in that?" He asks me. I laugh and look down. "It's fine." I squint my eyes and chew the inside of my cheek.

"Well, I like it, but the red one is probably... Uhm... Easier to walk in?"

I doubt that was his real reasoning behind that. Maybe it was, but he didn't sound believable. "Well, I've probably got to go." I pick up my phone. "Be safe." He says contently. "You don't have to worry about me." I roll my eyes and pretend to be annoyed.

"Talk soon?" He asks. "Mhm." I hum. We say bye once more and hang up. I walk to my bathroom. I freshen up my makeup and brush through my hair one last time.

I get in my car and drive to the address I was sent to. It's already so dark outside. Driving is a simple task for anyone. I find a sense of peace in driving. The quiet music with the simple pressing of a pedal.