💜Night Owl Reader X Shinso💜

You wake up in a cold sweat, panting and panicking. You just had a bad dream, actually the worst dream possible. You can't help but cry and search for your daddy, who's absent from your shared bed. It's hard to see since the lights are off, so you feel around the blankets, but when you can't find your daddy, you decide to go look for him.
You slide down off the bed with a stuffy in hand, hugging it tightly against your chest.

Shinso is down the hall in his game room, playing video games with Denki, who is on the other end of his headset. You toddle on down the hall and peek into the poorly lit room, spotting your caregiver in his chair. You try your best to hold back your tears, wiping your cheeks with your sleeve.

"Daddy...?" You whisper in your little voice, trying not to be too loud.

"Huh?" Shinso swivels around in his chair to face you, instantly noticing the upset expression on your face." Hey Kami I gotta go, we'll play tomorrow, yeah?"

Shinso quickly turns off his headset and lays it around his neck. "Hey kitten, what's wrong?" He opens his arms and you instantly rush into them, burying your face in his chest. You continue to sniffle, holding your stuffy close.

"Hey hey, baby.... Shhhh what's the matter kitten?"

"I has a dream you no wove me no mores an den you weft me!" You sob in between your words, making Shinso's ache.

"Oh kitten... come here." He picks you up and sits you in his lap, leaning back in his chair with your head nuzzled into his neck. "It's okay little one, daddy's right here." He gently rubs the palm of his hand slowly up and down your back.

"Y-You no weave?" You mumble in between sobs. You little fist is clenching the fabric of you daddy's hoodie, in a desperate attempt to keep him close to you.

"Nuh uh baby, daddy's not leavin'." Shinso places gentle kisses on your forehead, continuing to soothe you by rubbing your back.

Soon your sobs turn to sniffles and you begin to calm down.

"That's it kitten, deep breaths... you're doing such a good job, baby." Shinso coos, a tiny smile forms on his face when you wipe away the last of your tears. You still have your stuffy pressed firmly against your chest, a sight that's only too cute in your caregiver's eyes. "Are you feeling better, kitten?"

Squeezing your stuffy even tighter, you look down to your feet. "A wittle bit..."

"Do you wanna tell daddy everything that happened?" Shinso asks, picking you up so you can sit upright in his lap.

You let out a small whine, clinging onto Shinso.

"I... I had a dweam dat y-you told me you didn't wove me no more an dat I was..." You start to choke up again, feeling your eyes welling up with tears. Shinso rubs your back soothingly.

"It's okay kitten, keep going. You're doing so good little one." You pause for a moment before starting again.

"Y-you said I was gwoss an dat no one should wove someone wike mes..."

Shonso quickly scoops you up in his arms and holds you tight.

"I'm so sorry little one... that's a really scary dream..." He places a kiss on the top of your head, burying his nose in your hair.  "Daddy's here and he's not going anywhere."

Pulling away from his grasp with wet cheeks, you hold out you hand with your pinky finger sticking out.

"...P-Pwomise?"

Shinso cracks a tiny smile and interlocks his pinky with your own.

"I pinky promise kitten."

After a few minutes you've finally calmed down, resting you head against Shinso's chest. You let out a small, adorable yawn before nuzzling into him.

"Sounds like someone's getting sleepy." Shinso smiles as he shifts you in his arms, causing you to whine. "Are you ready to go back to be little one?"

You reply with a nod and grasp firmly onto your Daddy's clothes. Shinso stands up from his gaming chair and holds you in his arms so that your face rests in the crook of his neck. He supports you by placing one hand under your bottom and the other on your back. He gently lays you down after pulling back the covers of your bed, crawling in next to you and holding you close to him again.

"Daddy stay hewre aww night?" You ask, shuffling closer to him while holding your stuffy.

"I'm staying all night baby, and I'll be right here when you wake up." Shinso gives you another kiss on the top of your head. "I promise."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Word Count: 787