✧*̥˚Chapter 26*̥˚✧

I'M WOKEN UP BY the sun shining through the curtains just as Rafe walks through the door with breakfast.
"Now who's the sleepyhead?" He smiles at me.
"My head is killing me." I say, sitting up.
He throws a pack of aspirin at me and sets down the bowl of cereal on the beside table, crawling back into bed. We sit in silence for a few minutes before Rafe opens his mouth to speak.
"I'm really sorry about last night." He says, biting his bottom lip.
"No, I'm sorry. I should've known how hard it will be for you to completely stop, I should have never made you promise." I apologise.
"I just feel so shit for letting you down." He answers me. I place my cereal on the bedside table and pull him in for a hug, his head resting on my chest. I kiss the top of his head and tell me that it's going to be okay.

I take two aspirins and walk to the bathroom to go take a shower. I slip off my clothes and step into the shower, letting the warm soak my body. I sit down dropping my head in my hands and let the tears fall as I'm overcome with an overwhelming feeling of sadness.
I hear footsteps outside and the door slowly starts to open, realising I forgot to lock the door.
"Somebody's in here!" I shout, trying to catch my breathe.

I look up and see Rafe walking in, closing the door behind him. A sob leaves my mouth as I think of the thought of him seeing me like this.
Rafe comes over and crouches down next to the bathtub. I turn my head to look at him, as he cups my face in his hand. Neither of us say anything, but it isn't awkward. It's like a comfortable kind of silence. He wipes my tears, stroking my cheek with his thumb.
He reaches up to the shower and detaches the head. I turn my head back round as he washes his hair for me, being as gentle as possible.

I stand up and step out of the bathtub, Rafe wrapping a towel around my body. He leans down and kisses me, all my worries melting away as I fall more in love with him.

I get changed into some black denim shorts and a dark green tank top from the clothes that I've left at his house. I grab my phone and see a message from Kie that reads 'Heyy eve, I have some exciting news. The keg tonight?' I message her back.

"Hey Rafe I'm gonna go meet up with Kie tonight, you got any plans?" I tell him.
"Oh okay, no plans. Have fun." He answers me.
"What's wrong?" I ask him.
"Nothing, Have fun tonight." He replies, poking my cheek with his finger.
"I shouldn't be out for long." I assure him.
"Okay." He says.
I feel like he's acting weird, his attitude is off. But am I just overthinking it?
I decide to put some makeup on to take my mind off of how Rafe is acting.

I'm setting my makeup out when Rafe gets up from his place on the bed and sits behind me.
"What are you doing?" I ask, puzzled.
He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. While being confused I let him stay there as I carry on with my makeup.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I see my platform docs.
"I thought I left those at the beach last night. Thank god I didn't." I smile to myself.
"Yep, only took me forty minutes to find them last night while somebody snored their head off." Rafe teases, wrapping his arms around my waist. I turn around and let him lift me up, spinning me round.
"I can drive you if you want?" Rafe asks me.
"No don't worry, I can walk." I answer as I wrap my arms around his neck and peck him on the lips before leaving.

I FINALLY MAKE IT TO THE wreck and walk in, seeing Kie sat in the corner. I walk over and sit with her.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey girl, were you ok last night somebody told me what happened. Sorry I wasn't there." She asks me.
"Yeah it was fine, Rafe looked after me. I drank too much and just overreacted." I answer her.
"I'm glad. Anyway about my news!" She says.
"Yes please spill." I say, smiling at her.

Kie casually admits that the gang have managed to find the royal merchant gold, my jaw remains open.
"Woah, woah okay. What the fuck. I can't believe I missed this!" I answer her full of excitement.
"You wouldn't have, if you weren't always with Rafe." She smiles weakly at me.
"Look I'm sorry Kie I didn't mean to drift from you guys, things are just going so well with Rafe." I tell her.
"It's okay. You're here now. And we're having a party like right now so I would love for you to come." She grins at me.

We make our way back to John B's house, they're all in the garden so we make our way out back. "Hey guys." I shout as I walk in.
"Hey Eve!" they all shout back, and then I see her.