#10 | Alternative Ending | You Don't Have To Hurt Anymore

Start from the beginning

"Heights Alliance."

Shouto stopped dead in his tracks. He was not ready to see his classmates.

"It'll be fine, kid. They might be mad, but they will definitely be thrilled to see you."

"How can you be sure?" Shouto asked, anxiety pooling up in his stomach.

Aizawa looked down at Shouto, who was biting his lip. "Trust me."

Shouto wanted to trust him. So bad. But even so, the doubt was stronger.

'They're going to hate me.'

~♡~♡~

"Why are we here, Yamada-Sensei?" Yaoyorozu asked, looking at her classmates who were either sitting on the couch or standing.

"We have a surprise for you!" He said excitedly.

"Whatever it is, I don't fucking care," Bakugou grumbled.

The class was obviously different ever since Shouto left, which was why Hizashi was even more excited about the surprise.

"With all due respect, sir, I'm not sure any of us are really up for a surprise." Kirishima tilted his head.

"Man, can any of you at least try to be cheery!? I promise you'll love it!" Hizashi exclaimed.

Suddenly Aizawa appeared and walked into the dorms.

"Cool, the surprise was Aizawa-Sensei. Can we go now?" Shinsou asked, already starting to get up.

Aizawa used his quirk to come off more intimidating. "Everyone stay where you are."

"Am I supposed to come inside now?" A voice from outside sounded, drawing the attention of the entire class.

"Was that...?" Midoriya started.

"Yes, you can come in."

Shouto slowly entered. He hated this. He was embarrassed and more so, terrified. He bit his lip, lowering his head.

Why would they want him? He betrayed them. Hurt them. He's a villain. A monster.

He wasn't meant to be a hero.

It was silent. No one said anything. No one talked. They refused to believe this was happening.

Shouto was surprised when he felt warmth envelope his being. He looked down at the mop of green hair. His brain took longer than it should've to understand what was happening:

Midoriya was hugging him.

"I hate you," Midoriya sobbed. "I hate you so much. Don't ever do that again."

Shouto returned the hug, not saying anything, but gripping onto Midoriya as if his life depended on it.

Shouto could still feel the gazes of the rest of the class. He lowered his head, staring at Midoriya's green hair, not wanting to meet his classmate's eyes.

What he thought was hate in their eyes, was relief, happiness. Shouto wasn't expecting the rest of the class to join the hug, most with tears rolling down their faces.

Shouto wouldn't lie, he too let down a few tears. Their embrace slowly lowered Shouto's barriers. He felt safe. Happy.

The hug slowly ended, much to Shouto's dissent. The class was quickly filled with laughs, yelling, and welcoming words.

"Glad your back Todobro!"

"It's good to have you back Todoroki!"

"Damn Icyhot Bastard, you still owe me a fight!"

Shouto smiled a bit, for once, he allowed his walls to collapse.

This was his home.

Class 1-A was his home.

More than anyone else could be.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝓃𝒹

Words: 1559

The title is from the song "Broken", by Isak Danielson.

I can't believe I'm done. Hope I've satisfied you, If only just a bit.

Dadzawa was officially able to bring Shouto back! We all knew he would be the only one that could change Shouto's perspective.

I wonder what Touya has to say...

Thank you to the regular readers, and thank you to the ones who come after! And a special thanks for all the support and engagement people showed!

This story was pretty short, but all in all, I still love it. You all are the best for putting up with my writing while I'm still learning! Hopefully, I'll get to see you on my other stories!

Have an amazing Morning/Afternoon/Night!

Thanks for reading and I love you all, byee!

Yours truly, __startover.