#10 | Alternative Ending | You Don't Have To Hurt Anymore

Start from the beginning

They stood there as Shouto let out all of the pain, grief, and misery he had bottled up.

~♡~♡~

Shouto nervously bounced his leg up and down as he sat in the police station, with Aizawa next to him.

Shouto could feel all the stares he got, even before he entered the station.

'Was this the right choice?' He nervously thought, looking around at the police, civilians, and heroes that happened to be there staring at him.

"Thank you." The police at the desk waved to Aizawa and gave a smile to Shouto.

Shouto quickly followed Aizawa outside, happy to finally be out of there.

"Hizashi is coming to pick us up," Aizawa stated as he pointed to a black car.

"Hizashi?" Shouto asked, tilting his head.

Aizawa sighed, "Present Mic. Who is also my husband."

"Oh."

No more was said until they reached the black car that held Hizashi. Shouto began to panic at the thought of seeing another one of his teachers.

Luckily for him, Hizashi knew how to cheer a room up.

"Todoroki! And Sho! I was really confused when you asked me to come to pick you up, but now I see why!"

"Sorry for intruding" Shouto mumbled.

"No need to apologize. You'll be living with us now!"

Aizawa choked on nothing as Shouto widened his eyes.

"What?"

Aizawa glared at Hizashi, "you damn cockatoo! That's not how I was going to put it, but now that you know, I might as well explain." He sighed.

"Your father won't be going to prison, no matter how many times I declared that if he doesn't, I'll kill him myself, but he was willing to give up guardianship of you. I still don't trust it. He kept saying how we would be better for him than he would be. Like I'd believe that bullshit." Aizawa growled.

Shouto thought back to his dad promising to be a better father. 'Maybe he was telling the truth.'

They made it to UA and as soon as they entered, Shouto's anxiety spiked.

What if they don't want him anymore?

Aizawa took notice of Shouto's change of posture. "It's going to be okay, kid."

Shouto was not convinced but still exited the car.

"First we have to go to Nedzu and explain," Aizawa informed, as Hizashi went to the dorms to round up all of class 1-A into the common room.

The walk to Nedzu's office seemed to go by in no time, filled with Shouto questioning whether he should've come back.

"Welcome back, Todoroki!" Nedzu's cheery voice filled the room.

Shouto looked around, trying to remember how he made it here. He was brought back to reality and quickly bowed respectfully.

"Thank you."

Aizawa snorted, 'Nedzu sure does have a sweet spot for kids.'

They had a quick conversation about Shouto. Nedzu scolding Shouto for being an idiot.

They quickly left the office.

'That went better than I expected.' Shouto thought.

"Where are we going now?" Shouto asked, looking up Aizawa.